Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Rotor Blades >

Rotor Blades

Rotor Blades

Old 08-15-2010, 04:32 AM

Yeah, I visited my local HF yesterday. They had just 3 packs of two left. I grab all three. My son ask me what I wanted those for. I explained to him that the regular rotor blades in a fabric shop are $8-$9 each and these were $1.49 for two. I do have a question though for those who have used these. Do they cut into your mat? I really would not like to ruin my selfhealing mat.
Old 08-15-2010, 05:21 AM

I ordered some from FHT, he said they are back ordered til October 1st. I said "that is just fine"! :)
Old 08-15-2010, 10:45 AM

Thanks for this info. I will go to my HF and see what they have locally. Also, another thing I purchased at HF was a 4" magnetic parts tray for my pins. Does not affect my computerized machines at all and I believe it was $1.99.
Old 08-15-2010, 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by Colbaltjars62
Isn't there a rotory blade sharpener out there? Could have swore I saw one before. Hmmmm, now there's a new item to look for out there. ;-)
Keepsake Quilter catalog (newest one) has a "Grace TrueCut Rotary Blade Sharpener - "Sharpen your blade without removing from the cutter! Just a few strokes of your cutter along this sharpener with a non-skid bottom makes for safe and easy sharpening. Works best on 45 mm rotary cutters. 11-3/4x3-1/8" #9443 - Sit down first (this is Edie speaking here)_ --- $39.99!

I'd rather get the two for $1.49! There has to be some kind of knife sharpener that would do the same darn thing! Lots of money for that I think. Edie
Old 08-15-2010, 11:50 AM

I wonder if there is a carpet supply that carrys the rotor blades.. Hmmm yet another place to look. :-D
I bought one of their blade cutters. Don't waste your money. The fabric would have to fit between the blade and the plastic bottom. Kind of hard to explain. But I actually got it to get the three extra blades. I'll put the cutter in the basement and if I ever do any carpeting, I'll have one. They are $4.00. You wouldn't be able to use it on fabric. Edie
Old 08-15-2010, 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by Edie
Isn't there a rotory blade sharpener out there? Could have swore I saw one before. Hmmmm, now there's a new item to look for out there. ;-)
Keepsake Quilter catalog (newest one) has a "Grace TrueCut Rotary Blade Sharpener - "Sharpen your blade without removing from the cutter! Just a few strokes of your cutter along this sharpener with a non-skid bottom makes for safe and easy sharpening. Works best on 45 mm rotary cutters. 11-3/4x3-1/8" #9443 - Sit down first (this is Edie speaking here)_ --- $39.99!

I have yet to find one that worked. They all sound good until you get them home and try them.

I'd rather get the two for $1.49! There has to be some kind of knife sharpener that would do the same darn thing! Lots of money for that I think. Edie
Old 08-15-2010, 12:58 PM

Availabe here in Kalamazoo at the Harbor Freight on Stadium Dr in the old K-Mart Plaza. Bought some yesterday!
Old 08-15-2010, 01:09 PM

SHUT UP..... Harbor Freight???? Oh you ladies scare me you are so smart..... I'm sending the hubster over to get me some.....
THANKS!!!!
Ellen
Old 08-15-2010, 01:29 PM

I purchased 5 sets (there were 10 but I didn't want to take them all) today ...

My husband looked at me funny until I told him what I wanted them for ... and he said ... "The fabric won't know where you bought them so there is no difference" :D

I also found some gloves for quilting for $2.00 ... it's got the rubber grips on them already ... I love Harbor Freight!
Old 08-15-2010, 01:46 PM

Gee Hope, the quilt is made up of many different blocks some are designed by Diane Johnson, others from magazines and the bird bathe was from an ad that I blew up and added my own birds from yet another pattern. I made it for my mum as a surprise which she saw first time at our quilt show. It took several times told before she realized that it was hers. I did that a few year later with a big cross stitch of a lady in a hat. I like doing things like that for her.