Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Rotor Blades

WOW...this is awesome! Thanks for the tip!

I used to save my 40 percent off coupon for buying the multi pack of blades at JoAnns and unless you are there at 4:00AM there weren't any left! I hope they are kept at a low price...when the demand for a great substitute goes up...the price will.. but it may never go up as high as the quilters blades! I looked and saw they were on backorder...wonder if there are other manufacturers or if Lowes or like stores carry them.
    The search is on!!!!

What a great discovery!! I will surely go buy some today. I always use my coupons at Joann's to purchase my blades and use them till I can't stand it any more. This will surely change my cutting habits! Maybe I will enjoy the cutting part of quilting more. . . or maybe not. Let's get on with the sewing!!! lol

If they fit the Fiskars 45mm, they should fit all 45mm cutters. I have been using all brands in my Olfa and have had no problems.

Blog Entries
    what a great idea..... I will have to check them out.

Blog Entries
    what a great idea..... I will have to check them out.

Just ordered 8 pkgs. I can wait for the back order at that amazing price!

Blog Entries
    Where would I find some here in Antlers, Ok?

Lyn
    I just ordered 10 pks. How can they be so cheap and quilters so expensive. Thank you for letting us know. Cost me $20/w shipping. That is $2 for 2 blades. I have paid 4-5 times that at Walmart.

Can anyone answer though --- are they harder on your cutting mat than the others?

I just tried to order some at Harbor Freights, but they're on backorder now....

I would also like to know if they damage the cutting mat AND if they are in Lowe's or Home Depot, stores in my area.

Time for us to check out other places including Norhtern Hydrolics. When we go to docs on Friday I hope the one nearby has some. If not will check everytime I go for allergy shots.

What a great deal! Thanks for the information. They are on backorder so I'll keep my fingers crossed. Love this site and all the wonderful sharing people.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Chele
    Woo hoo! They're on back order now. Word gets around obviously! Maybe for once I'll accompany DH to Harbor Freight and stock up! He can buy me breakfast afterward!

http://www.harborfreight.com/pack-of...des-97642.html

Thanks for letting us know they fit our ordinary rotary cutters. I like to change my blade often. Daily would be nice. Cheaper than arthritis meds for my elbow!

I knew they could make those blades cheaper. I've used X'acto blades for 25+ years and they're not that pricey. It really surprised me about rotary cutter blades.

Thank -you so much for this post! I will admit to being tardy when it comes to changing my blade. This will allow me to change my blades when I really should.
    As much as I hate dull blades, I keep telling myself just one more project and I will change the blade.

Cypress, Texas by the way of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    Sounds to good to be true. What size olfa cutter do they fit?

Wished I knew about that before I bought my expensive blade shapener.

I'm sure glad you told us about your find. My husband goes there often, will have to tag along to get me some replacement blades.

Thanks a million for the info :thumbup:

Blog Entries
    has anyone tried the cutter that these blades are used for ?i was thinking that it might be good to use for chenille cutting but there is nothing under wheel to stop it from cutting bottom layer...any ideas what we ( quilters ) can use that cutter for ?

Quote Originally Posted by hobo2000
    Thank you Thank you Thank you. I just ordered 10 pkgs. wowee this will keep me going for a long time at $.75 per blade.
    Where? Please list URL.

Gilla

went on line to Harbor freight and even there they are on backorder. I bet the carpet cutters out there aren't happy

Thank you everyone for adding info for me. Wow these are taking off fast, as I knew they would.

I have cut out a quilt and it has not damaged my mat at all. They are just smoother cutting.

I am going out shopping later and will check a couple of other places to buy these. They must sell elsewhere also.

Hope everyone can find them that wants them and all the bo come in quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by cinjosie
    Can anyone answer though --- are they harder on your cutting mat than the others?
    I see no difference. The stock blades that are for my Fiskar's cut my mat just like these do. But I am not worried, I paid $20.00 for my mat at a school supply store. I think it's just as good as those expensive ones.

I placed an order online before I realized we have a store locally. When I called the store, they have 10 in stock at the same price as online. I tried to cancel the online order and they told me they couldn't do that and I had to call back after 3 PM local time. I will insist that they cancel as they want $7 shipping, when I can just pick it up here. And I just needed some new ones as I dulled the one I used for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Spudgm
    Darn, I wish they made them for the 60mm cutter.
    I bought two 60" cutters recently as I stupidly thought that they would fit my 45" cutter. I don't know what I was thinking. I bought them at 40% off at JoAnn's. Send me a PM if you want them. I will send them to you via USPS for what I paid for them.

Gilla

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast