Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Rotor Blades >

Rotor Blades

Rotor Blades

Old 08-11-2010, 11:29 PM

Great idea ladies, please keep the good ideas and links coming. With 4 grands learning to sew along with DD and a friend besides, I have been spending a fortune for blades this summer.
Old 08-12-2010, 12:35 AM

Linda...I'm from MI too. What is this about and where do I get them? I understand that it's some kind of blade used for carpet cutting but where and just fill me in, please!! I put off buying rotary blades reallly too long and that's dangerous too. Thanks for the input and any help you can give me.
Old 08-12-2010, 01:12 AM

What are the sizes and do they fit your rotary cutters? Found out in the thread sizes they fit. Hubby goes there all the time and if he can't and I am in town I go there for him. Will have to get some. Thanks for the post. We live 85 miles from the nearest Harbor Freight, so maybe no one around here knows about it yet. lol Have a friend going tomorrow so will have her stop and get me some. I think I will try the carpet cutter, since it is so cheap and see how it works.
Old 08-12-2010, 02:58 AM

[quote=Chele]Woo hoo! They're on back order now. Word gets around obviously! Maybe for once I'll accompany DH to Harbor Freight and stock up! He can buy me breakfast afterward!

http://www.harborfreight.com/pack-of...des-97642.html

Thanks for letting us know they fit our ordinary rotary cutters. I like to change my blade often. Daily would be nice. Cheaper than arthritis meds for my elbow!

I knew they could make those blades cheaper. I've used X'acto blades for 25+ years and they're not that pricey. It really surprised me about rotary cutter blades.[/qu
Old 08-12-2010, 05:36 AM

I just phoned the store on Cincinnati West side and they have them in stock. She even quoted me the price to let me know they were a good deal.

June in Cincinnati
Old 08-12-2010, 06:17 AM

You will be lucky to find any blades left on the shelves. Most stores are sold out and on line is back ordered. Reminds me of my husband's reloading stuff. After the last election tons of folks bought up all the reloading stuff that was available and now he has a heck of a time getting any at all. Seems like it would be better for the whole quilting world if we moderated our purchases.
Old 08-12-2010, 06:27 AM

Originally Posted by Gerbie
What are the sizes and do they fit your rotary cutters? Found out in the thread sizes they fit. Hubby goes there all the time and if he can't and I am in town I go there for him. Will have to get some. Thanks for the post. We live 85 miles from the nearest Harbor Freight, so maybe no one around here knows about it yet. lol Have a friend going tomorrow so will have her stop and get me some. I think I will try the carpet cutter, since it is so cheap and see how it works.
I looked at the carpet cutter also, but I don't think it will work on fabric, since it is having to lift the carpet off the surface to cut through all the matting and fibers ... not too accurate for fabric strips, etc. (in my humble opinion) <wave>
Old 08-12-2010, 06:39 AM

Thanks for the info on the carpet cutter.
Old 08-12-2010, 06:57 AM

This may be late in the game, but are you aware of the fact that Harbor Freight is flooding the market with 20% off coupons on a single purchase. They also have a free flashlight with any purchase. A good way to get a better deal.

June
Old 08-12-2010, 08:06 AM

Originally Posted by june6995
This may be late in the game, but are you aware of the fact that Harbor Freight is flooding the market with 20% off coupons on a single purchase. They also have a free flashlight with any purchase. A good way to get a better deal.

June
Where do you get the coupons?