Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Round Robin help - I'm stumped for an idea! >

Round Robin help - I'm stumped for an idea!

Round Robin help - I'm stumped for an idea!

Old 02-09-2013, 04:09 PM

OMG Jan. Better you than me. This will be a doozy! Yes, the red matches - but where did that stripe come from? Good luck! You can make it happen. Wish I had a suggestion for you - but this one is out of my zone.
Old 02-09-2013, 05:25 PM

Jan, You have a challenge indeed!! When I looked at the mockup of Carol45's suggestion I began to see a tunnel leading back into the beautiful focus of the center.. I am thinking if another border or borders in the right colors and shapes that would off set the wonkyness and accomplish the balancing and ease (or take away) the feeling of unrest that the style difference creates and makes it all point back to the beautiful center is the goal here.. I know you can and will come up with a great composition!! Great Creations are made from just such situations!!
I love your concern for the feelings of all those concerned!! Be Blessed!!
Old 02-09-2013, 06:02 PM

I would applique somethig right onto the striped border to break up the stripes and tie it all togeter.
Old 02-09-2013, 06:57 PM

I am not a very experienced quilter, but that strip border is awful! I have no idea how to fix it. Without the border it is pretty and I like the curved flying geese.
Old 02-09-2013, 07:57 PM

Good luck!
Old 02-09-2013, 11:56 PM

I just clicked onto an add on my email from EQ7 and the first block has a nice use of a modern flying geese pattern that is interesting and may give you some ideas of working your challenge...I am on pins waiting to see what you come up with...Alice
Old 02-10-2013, 01:02 AM
Power Poster

Jan Stumped! This is front page news. If our resident Quilt Guru is stumped it must be a doozy....and Yep...sure enough it is....I think maybe if you added several inches of white, then a thin black or red border (like epyrs mentioned earlier) it may make the weird striped bits float a bit more, then you can get on with the next bit. I feel it doesn't really work, but I'm guessing "Round Robin Etiquette" would prevent removal of the offending bit and may be hurtful to the person who added it. I think now I know why I quilt solo. Keep us posted Jan....we're on the edge of our seats here
Old 02-10-2013, 01:57 AM

Maybe flying geese made larger with the white and the striped would look OK? Just a thought while having a quiet drink lol
Old 02-10-2013, 04:54 AM

Are you sure this isn't a "gotcha" moment? I can't imagine anyone seriously putting these triangles on this and not be playing a prank. The more I look at this the more I shake my head.

Just a side note: my husband looked at it and said, "I like it." Go figure.

Last edited by be a quilter; 02-10-2013 at 04:58 AM.
Old 02-10-2013, 05:10 AM

Jan, I think this striped border person created a challenge for you. So consider this as your test-a test to see if you can recover it. Good luck I know you will develop the winning edge .....ok, no pun intended, but whatever. I love that you've been given so many wonderful ideas to contemplate. Sorry, I have nothing.
Sandy