Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Round the Rows

glad everything is okay sheysmema, We sure are a quiet bunch this time,we must be busy sewing.LOL

Quote Originally Posted by JudyG
    Belles, here is the final round of your rows. I really struggled with this one trying to find the perfect fabric (which I never did, but hope you like these). Now on to the rounds.
    Well your struggle with this one really paid off! You did a very good job and I completely approve. I'm sorry you spent so much time in quilt shops - yeah! What a drag! But thanks for your "struggles".

BTW, Barbara (Shaysmeme), you begin my 4" blocks going around the rows. Good luck and I hope you can use my suggestions and/or patterns. Belles

Blog Entries
    Thanks, Belles, glad you like it. I am now working on the first rounds of ROS's winter quilt. Just a little more and I can give her a sneak peak.

Got you rows today Belles, They are beautiful. Now to chose fabric and blocks. Thanks for the suggestions, just not sure what to put on yet. Hope to have them done in 7-10 days and get in the mail.

I know I mentioned that materialgrl (Sandy"s) rows looked Asian to me. Following that gut feeling, I used a burgundy with gold patterns and a two toned gold. So, your four rows show an applique, Japanese lanterns, applique and Asian fabics. Hope you enjoy my efforts to balance your rows. Belles

BTW, the pattern is called "Old Maid's Rambler". Wait a minute, that doesn't sound Asian to me....how about if we rename it and call it "Old Maid's Rickshaw"?

Materialgrl's Round the Rows - 4 rows
    Name:  Attachment-271854.jpe
Views: 75
Size:  71.4 KB

Very pretty, I don't know what I was thinking,but as usual you wonderful quilting friends has turned my undecidedness into something beautiful, I seem to be in such a funk I just don't know whats up with me. I hope I am not the only one,someone please send me a cyber slap and straighten me out.

Blog Entries
    I have an idea of what I want to do to the 1st border I have. But my problem is always the math part and pray that it works.

Well, I'm half way finished with the first border on Belles quilt, thanks so much for the suggestions Belles. I am real happy with the way it is turning out, as soon as I finish I will post a picture. Hope to have it finished and in the mail by this weekend. Yea I'm early this month. Have a great Monday everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by shaysmema
    Well, I'm half way finished with the first border on Belles quilt, thanks so much for the suggestions Belles. I am real happy with the way it is turning out, as soon as I finish I will post a picture. Hope to have it finished and in the mail by this weekend. Yea I'm early this month. Have a great Monday everyone.
    Barbara, you have made my little heart jump for joy. Happy to hear that you'll post a photo. I'm taking Sandy's (Materialgrl) to the post office this afternoon, so it will be winging (or shall I say crawling) it's way to Nancy in the great state of MI. Belles

Just a post to tell Sandy/Material girl that I got the rows today. I am looking for fabrics as I type. These are not my colors, but have a couple that will work. I will do a 5th row as requested. Kathi/Gramakitten

Quote Originally Posted by Gramakitten
    Just a post to tell Sandy/Material girl that I got the rows today. I am looking for fabrics as I type. These are not my colors, but have a couple that will work. I will do a 5th row as requested. Kathi/Gramakitten
    Loved the first row and thought it would be just the thing to repeat it. hope you like it.
    Name:  Attachment-272888.jpe
Views: 67
Size:  672.0 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    ROS, here is the first round around your rows. I decided to add some additional colors since the rows were all blue and white. And what is more wintery than snowflakes in a snowglobe. The center stripe is green holly leaves and the inner and outer stripes are icy blue/white. I hope you like it. I think it sets off the center rows really nicely.

Wow these are really taking on a life of their own now.
    They're all really nice. Looking forward to seeing more.

Blog Entries
    OMG...I love the idea that you repeated my 1st row. Looks awesome!!! And Judy, you also did an amazing job!! I'm so excited.

ROS, sent out the rows to you early yesterday. let me know when you get them. GK/Kathi

Thanks. I'm sorry guys I was completely out of it this month and I haven't finished my row to send to Belles yet. I'll do them and mail them off asap though!

I received Materialgrls rows today. I will be adding the fifth row to make it oblong.....now sure what design to use yet.,...

Blog Entries
    I am finally ahead of something so far...I just finished "Gramakitten's" 1st Round...I'm not suppose to send it out until November. Do you want me to wait until then to post a picture or post it now Gramakitten?

I'm pretty excited about the way it turned out. I wanted to keep with your 30's theme.

post it now. I sent mine out already.

Blog Entries
    OKAY....Here it is...

Gramakitten's 1st Border
    Name:  Attachment-275067.jpe
Views: 87
Size:  66.7 KB

Mish I love it. that is soooooo cute.

Blog Entries
    Glad you like it :lol:

Okay here it the first border on Belles quilt. Sure hope you like them, I will be mailing off on Monday. Pictures not real good, but you can get the idea.

What a perfect start at the rounds. Great job.

Blog Entries
    Great rounds, Mish and Barbara. Those quilts are looking good.

Mish, I will be home until next Sunday, so if you want to send that quilt on to me now, that would be fine as long as it comes by Saturday. Don't want it setting in the post office for a month.

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 ... LastLast