Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Round the Rows

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I think those borders are going to swallow up your blocks....why so many? and why so big?

That's gonna be a fun one!
    Fran in SW Iowa
    previously AK

Really cute. Who keeps the quilt at the end? Not sure I know how this works.
    Linda

Lfstamper, we all end up with our original row back. I went to a quilt store on wednesday and it wasn't even open! I guess they decided to close between christmas and new years. Looks like I'm still on the hunt for some pink to match Kathys

Smile Round the Rows

Quote Originally Posted by jaciqltznok View Post
    I think those borders are going to swallow up your blocks....why so many? and why so big?
    There are eight of us in this group; the first four (& maybe 5) rows were completed as a Row Quilt, the first row belonging to the owner of the quilt. The following four (or maybe 3) rows were completed as a Round Robin, with the borders going all the way around the original rows. We will end up with a rectangle quilt of approximately 64" wide and 70" long without borders or a square quilt of approximately 72". Usually a Round Robin surrounds a large center block (15" or 18" square) with any number of borders going round and round the center. Fons & Porter offered a pattern with 12 rounds going around a 12" block. Judy G of our group designed this Round the Rows and we are enjoying the challenge of coming up with a pattern that will fit the theme, size, color and design. It's been fun. Belles
    Quilting is a fun sport!

WOW-- I finially found you guys. Sandy/Material Girl I got the quilt the other day. It is beautiful. Know what I'm doing. Do you think that I should keep adding the white insert? I have the fabric and will try. I have it on the wall and have the blocks cut out. Valarie/Belles it is yours.

I was so glad to find you guys. Bernie good to hear from you.

Belles good job explaining our group to the lookers. We are doing a great job and our quilts look great. Best one yet.
    Are we going to do it again?

I was excited to see mine. It is going to be one of my favorites I can already tell.
    I am loving retirement. We went to Arizona for the holiday. Glad to get home, even when you have a good time it is good to get home. Learned a great recipe from my cousin. Can;t wait to try it out on my neighbors.

Quiet NYE. Had a couple over for cards, loads of fun. As you c an see I missed you gals. Now to keep you in my reach.

Learning the town. New nail tech, new hairdresser, new grocery store. But I found a local quilt group that meets EVERY monday 5 minutes from my house. YEAH a new play group. Kathi/Gramakitten
    Katherine Thompson

Blog Entries
    Kathi, Glad to hear from you.

if you go to the top of the thread and click on "thread tools" you can subscribe to this thread and get notifications. Then, if for some reason you want to find the thread again and haven't got notifications or something, you can open QB and click on "quick links" and then "subscribed threads" and you'll see all the threads you have subscribed to. That's the easiest way to keep track of threads you want to see.

Hope everyone had a safe and happy new year.
    JudyG

Grama kitten, I added the white strip to separate my colors from the previous ones, I thought it looked a little better I hope belles likes that , it is real narrow

I re read the posts and she likes them. I am going to do it too. I think that it adds a lot.
    I love the geese that you made. I don;'t know how to do that.
    Katherine Thompson

Thanks ,they are super easy to make, you use 2 squares and a rectangle and sew them together and iron, I am sure someone on here knows of a tute, they come out perfect everytime. 1 seam. My LQS gave them away for gifts at a shop hop
    Last edited by materialgrl; 01-02-2012 at 11:56 AM. Reason: spelling error

Silly question... when do we mail out the next round? I think I already sent out the one for the Jan 15th date so is it March 15th or should I just get my bum in gear and finish my round and send it when I finish it?

Blog Entries
    Mailing date for the current round is Jan 15, but I think a lot of us have already mailed that one out. Next mailing date is March 15, but it's my personal opinion that if you get your round done and the person you're mailing to has no objection, go ahead and mail it and people get their quilts back sooner. Just check with the person you're mailing to cause we don't want anybody to get stressed by having too many tops to work on at one time.
    JudyG

I was behind on so many of them this time that I forget what one we are on! but I can tell you all the 2nd trimester is going smoothly and I'm having a boy! Crazy stuff isnt' it?

Blog Entries
    Glad to hear you're feeling better this trimester, ROS. It's been a looooooooooooong time, but I always loved being pregnant. Boys are nice. I have two sons and a daughter. When my daughter was younger, she always said she wanted boys cause they were nicer to their mothers. Unfortunately, she's 40 now and doesn't have any. But I have four wonderful grandsons by my two sons.
    JudyG

I dont have one yet,I think someone has 2 , am I correct,Maybe it was Barb(Belles)

Congrats ROS on the new baby boy. I had three sons
    , but my daughter is one of my best friends. She is also a quilter. And a fabric rep for the state of Michigan. So my Michigan friends shop the quilt shops and buy Blank fabric. They have awsome baticks and black and white. Others too.

Is this your first child?
    Katherine Thompson

It is my first.

I know that I sent Valerie 2 last month. and know I have Kathy N's.

ROS p;ease PM me with your address again. I am in florida and left it in Michigan. I will have one ready late next week to send to you. It is Valaries/Belles. You get the last row and I tell you it is beautiful. We have outdone ourselves with this group.

Congrats on it being your first. That is extra special. Gramakitten/Kathi
    Katherine Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by materialgrl View Post
    I dont have one yet,I think someone has 2 , am I correct,Maybe it was Barb(Belles)
    Valerie/Belles has three daughters (who cooked, roasted, steamed, boiled and baked for Christmas Dinner. And then cleaned up! All I did was graciously open my presents. Congratulations to ROS on her first child.

ROS is correct; she sent me the Round the Rows for MishnJim and Judy G. I've finally decided what I'm going to create and hope to mail them by Wednesday, January 11.

BTW, I completely finished our first Row Quilt project. Remember that I wanted sashing between the rows which made the quilt very, very, very long. So, I divided it into two quilts at 6 rows each and added a designed border. I will now try to print the two photos I took, but really don't have much faith in this new system. Wish me luck and keep your fingers, (eyes and toes) crossed. ValerieName:  Round the Rows - #7 thru #12.jpg
Views: 100
Size:  1.20 MB
    Quilting is a fun sport!

Well, half of my photos appeared. Here, (I hope) is the quilt with rows #1 thru #6. Uncross and recross those fingers, toes and eyes please. Belles

PS I'm so excited after reading that Gramakitten thought all of you did a wonderful job on my Round the Rows. And you're right Kathi, we DO do good work. Name:  Round the Rows - #1 thru #6.jpg
Views: 236
Size:  906.4 KB
    Quilting is a fun sport!

you will be very happy with you finished quilt Belles/Valarie.
    Katherine Thompson

Blog Entries
    Belles, your two quilts from the original row robin are beautiful. That was a really good way to do it (make it into two quilts). I may have to think about doing that to mine when I get back to Washington (where it is).
    JudyG

We have all been very quiet... how are we all doing?

I have all the stuff cut out and ready for Kathy's border...just need to sew it all together. My husband actually helped pick out the border this round so we shall see how it turns out.

Very nice.

Kathy,
    I looked at your top again... I had to go back to the drawing board. I realized its a Robin Pandolf fabric line and you don't have any applique on there at all! I decided that had to be changed. I was at a guild meeting where she was the speaker a few years ago(she was returning home from that meeting when all her quilts were stolen) and since she loves applique i decided you need some on your top.

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 12 13 14 ... LastLast