Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread: Round the Rows

[QUOTE=Ripped on Scotch;4880913]We have all been very quiet... how are we all doing?[QUOTE]

I've been brought low by a bout of the stomach flu, which is finally allowing me something besides Jell-O and vegetable broth. I did finish Michelle's 7" row and am starting on Judy's 5" row. Hopefully I'll be able to post a photo of both tomorrow and then get it into the mail. Like everyone else's quilt, I'm eager to see a photo of my quilt. Belles
    Quilting is a fun sport!

Blog Entries
    Sorry to hear you've been sick, Belles. Take care of yourself, and let the quilts wait til you feel better. No one is in a big hurry. Your health is most important.
    JudyG

Ditto, hope you feel better

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Belles View Post
    Well, half of my photos appeared. Here, (I hope) is the quilt with rows #1 thru #6. Uncross and recross those fingers, toes and eyes please. Belles

PS I'm so excited after reading that Gramakitten thought all of you did a wonderful job on my Round the Rows. And you're right Kathi, we DO do good work. Attachment 301218
    Belles, they are gorgeous!
    Bernie

Blog Entries
    Congratulations ROS! I'm so excited for you! Just imagine, the groups' having their first baby! He'll have lots of Gramma's and Aunts! LOL!
    Bernie

Quote Originally Posted by Ripped on Scotch View Post
    Kathy,
    I looked at your top again... I had to go back to the drawing board. I realized its a Robin Pandolf fabric line and you don't have any applique on there at all! I decided that had to be changed. I was at a guild meeting where she was the speaker a few years ago(she was returning home from that meeting when all her quilts were stolen) and since she loves applique i decided you need some on your top.
    I agree Kelly
    Katherine Thompson

Hi all, keep losing this group, I think you are hiding from me. Just reread the thread from the start and these quilts are turning out beautiful. Cong ROS a new baby boy I know you will enjoy him. When are you due? I have 2 boys myself and they are the loves of my life. Also wanted the group to know that I will be having surgery on Friday the 3 The doctor says I have a 89 % blocksage in my coradid artery and he is going in the clean it out. I should only be in the hospital a day or so, then back on here if i can find you. Please keep me in your prayers. Now back to business, who has my rows? I haven't seen them in forever. Hope everyone has a great weekend.
    Hugs
    Barbara
    Barbara Moreland

Blog Entries
    Glad to hear from you Barbara. I'm sorry to hear about the need for surgery. We'll keep you in our thoughts and prayers. Hopefully, it will be a simple procedure and you'll be up and around in no time. Don't worry about the quilting - it will wait. Take care of yourself.
    JudyG

My offical Due date is May 16th. About 3 more months to go! it seems to be going by fast sometimes and other times it feels like it's so slow. Bust times ahead I guess.

Barbara I hope your surgery goes well and you have a speedy recovery. Take care of yourself!

Yes , Barbara please take care of your self, its amazing how fast they release you from the hospital now a days,please take care

Blog Entries
    Barbara: Good thoughts and prayers to you for a speedy recovery!

ROS: My pregnancies seemed to speed by until my 9th month, then those last weeks seemed to crawl by and it didn't help having a co-worker calling me every morning saying, "Girl, you haven't had that baby yet?" lol
    Bernie

ROS I have the blue/embroidery top of Valaries/Belles ready to send out the first of the week. Will let you know what day for sure. Keep well everyone. Kathi/Gramakitten
    Katherine Thompson

I've never heard of a row robin but it sounds fun. Please post pics when you are done.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Handcraftsbyjen View Post
    I've never heard of a row robin but it sounds fun. Please post pics when you are done.
    This is a modified row robin. We did four (or five) rows and then are doing 3 (or 4) rounds. We post pictures each month as we get our portion of each quilt done. It's been lots of fun and the quilts are turning our beautiful.
    JudyG

Blog Entries
    It's been awhile since anyone has posted here. Just checking to see what everyone's up to. Got an email from Mish and she can't seem to get on the Board so will be check in with her by email. Hope everyone's well and busy sewing.
    JudyG

I think i have redone the applique on my round now about 4 times! i am so picky about it! but I finally have it all ready to go out I think. I'm going to try to get it to the post office tomorrow morning. Sorry it's so late Belles.

ROS, I still have Michelle's and Judy's, so I can't fault you with being late. And applique on the last row will look smashing! Thanks to all for their beautiful work. I can't wait to see everyone's completed top. Belles
    Quilting is a fun sport!

ROS ,could you tell me which row you did on your quilt , I have yours now and need to know which way is the top. Sandy/materialgrl

Blog Entries
    Sandy, the original row on ROS's quilt is on page 2 of this thread down toward the bottom. Her row consists of two blocks with white snowflakes on them and two blocks that I think are the blocks she used the paint stiks on. Hope that helps.
    JudyG

Yes , thanks

Yes I'm the paintstix row.... I received Val's blue quilt last night. And sending out the rows I have today. I finally finished the applique and my husband approved of it too! I hope you guys like the look of it. I'll try to find the camera before I send it out.

Wow that is cute! I hope we get updates as the rows are completed.
    Carrie, Queen of the Seam Rippers!

sorry Kathy I didn't find the camera and I sent out your rows to Belles this morning. You should see it soon Belles. Now to figure out the blue round....

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Ripped on Scotch View Post
    sorry Kathy I didn't find the camera and I sent out your rows to Belles this morning. You should see it soon Belles. Now to figure out the blue round....
    I received Kathy's "Shabby Chic" (I think that's what she called it) today, February 23. And I finally, finally finished Judy G's and Michelle's Round the Rows and I hope both quilters are pleased with them. I will take photos tomorrow and send it on to you all. Belles
    Quilting is a fun sport!

Grammakitten, are you still at the Fl. address , I have mine ready to mail ? I have a small problem, I had 7 inch border in my mind and thats what I made, It should have been 7 1/2 inch border, can we live with that or should I take it apart. It did come out cute as it is though. Maybe the next round could make it a 9 border and then it should be right on size schedule.

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 13 14 15 LastLast