Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Round the Rows >

Round the Rows

Round the Rows

Old 12-30-2011, 07:21 PM
Banned

I think those borders are going to swallow up your blocks....why so many? and why so big?
Old 12-30-2011, 07:43 PM

That's gonna be a fun one!
Old 12-30-2011, 08:03 PM

Really cute. Who keeps the quilt at the end? Not sure I know how this works.
Old 12-31-2011, 06:04 AM

Lfstamper, we all end up with our original row back. I went to a quilt store on wednesday and it wasn't even open! I guess they decided to close between christmas and new years. Looks like I'm still on the hunt for some pink to match Kathys
Old 12-31-2011, 11:10 AM

Smile Round the Rows

Originally Posted by jaciqltznok View Post
I think those borders are going to swallow up your blocks....why so many? and why so big?
There are eight of us in this group; the first four (& maybe 5) rows were completed as a Row Quilt, the first row belonging to the owner of the quilt. The following four (or maybe 3) rows were completed as a Round Robin, with the borders going all the way around the original rows. We will end up with a rectangle quilt of approximately 64" wide and 70" long without borders or a square quilt of approximately 72". Usually a Round Robin surrounds a large center block (15" or 18" square) with any number of borders going round and round the center. Fons & Porter offered a pattern with 12 rounds going around a 12" block. Judy G of our group designed this Round the Rows and we are enjoying the challenge of coming up with a pattern that will fit the theme, size, color and design. It's been fun. Belles
Old 01-01-2012, 05:51 AM

WOW-- I finially found you guys. Sandy/Material Girl I got the quilt the other day. It is beautiful. Know what I'm doing. Do you think that I should keep adding the white insert? I have the fabric and will try. I have it on the wall and have the blocks cut out. Valarie/Belles it is yours.

I was so glad to find you guys. Bernie good to hear from you.

Belles good job explaining our group to the lookers. We are doing a great job and our quilts look great. Best one yet.
Are we going to do it again?

I was excited to see mine. It is going to be one of my favorites I can already tell.
I am loving retirement. We went to Arizona for the holiday. Glad to get home, even when you have a good time it is good to get home. Learned a great recipe from my cousin. Can;t wait to try it out on my neighbors.

Quiet NYE. Had a couple over for cards, loads of fun. As you c an see I missed you gals. Now to keep you in my reach.

Learning the town. New nail tech, new hairdresser, new grocery store. But I found a local quilt group that meets EVERY monday 5 minutes from my house. YEAH a new play group. Kathi/Gramakitten
Old 01-01-2012, 08:22 AM

Kathi, Glad to hear from you.

if you go to the top of the thread and click on "thread tools" you can subscribe to this thread and get notifications. Then, if for some reason you want to find the thread again and haven't got notifications or something, you can open QB and click on "quick links" and then "subscribed threads" and you'll see all the threads you have subscribed to. That's the easiest way to keep track of threads you want to see.

Hope everyone had a safe and happy new year.
Old 01-02-2012, 10:08 AM

Grama kitten, I added the white strip to separate my colors from the previous ones, I thought it looked a little better I hope belles likes that , it is real narrow
Old 01-02-2012, 11:35 AM

I re read the posts and she likes them. I am going to do it too. I think that it adds a lot.
I love the geese that you made. I don;'t know how to do that.
Old 01-02-2012, 11:55 AM

Thanks ,they are super easy to make, you use 2 squares and a rectangle and sew them together and iron, I am sure someone on here knows of a tute, they come out perfect everytime. 1 seam. My LQS gave them away for gifts at a shop hop

Last edited by materialgrl; 01-02-2012 at 11:56 AM. Reason: spelling error