Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Round the Rows >

Round the Rows

Round the Rows

Old 01-05-2012, 01:27 PM

Silly question... when do we mail out the next round? I think I already sent out the one for the Jan 15th date so is it March 15th or should I just get my bum in gear and finish my round and send it when I finish it?
Old 01-05-2012, 05:41 PM

Mailing date for the current round is Jan 15, but I think a lot of us have already mailed that one out. Next mailing date is March 15, but it's my personal opinion that if you get your round done and the person you're mailing to has no objection, go ahead and mail it and people get their quilts back sooner. Just check with the person you're mailing to cause we don't want anybody to get stressed by having too many tops to work on at one time.
Old 01-06-2012, 07:10 AM

I was behind on so many of them this time that I forget what one we are on! but I can tell you all the 2nd trimester is going smoothly and I'm having a boy! Crazy stuff isnt' it?
Old 01-06-2012, 07:58 AM

Glad to hear you're feeling better this trimester, ROS. It's been a looooooooooooong time, but I always loved being pregnant. Boys are nice. I have two sons and a daughter. When my daughter was younger, she always said she wanted boys cause they were nicer to their mothers. Unfortunately, she's 40 now and doesn't have any. But I have four wonderful grandsons by my two sons.
Old 01-06-2012, 02:14 PM

I dont have one yet,I think someone has 2 , am I correct,Maybe it was Barb(Belles)
Old 01-06-2012, 04:40 PM

Congrats ROS on the new baby boy. I had three sons
, but my daughter is one of my best friends. She is also a quilter. And a fabric rep for the state of Michigan. So my Michigan friends shop the quilt shops and buy Blank fabric. They have awsome baticks and black and white. Others too.

Is this your first child?
Old 01-06-2012, 06:08 PM

It is my first.

I know that I sent Valerie 2 last month. and know I have Kathy N's.
Old 01-07-2012, 07:07 AM

ROS p;ease PM me with your address again. I am in florida and left it in Michigan. I will have one ready late next week to send to you. It is Valaries/Belles. You get the last row and I tell you it is beautiful. We have outdone ourselves with this group.

Congrats on it being your first. That is extra special. Gramakitten/Kathi
Old 01-07-2012, 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by materialgrl View Post
I dont have one yet,I think someone has 2 , am I correct,Maybe it was Barb(Belles)
Valerie/Belles has three daughters (who cooked, roasted, steamed, boiled and baked for Christmas Dinner. And then cleaned up! All I did was graciously open my presents. Congratulations to ROS on her first child.

ROS is correct; she sent me the Round the Rows for MishnJim and Judy G. I've finally decided what I'm going to create and hope to mail them by Wednesday, January 11.

BTW, I completely finished our first Row Quilt project. Remember that I wanted sashing between the rows which made the quilt very, very, very long. So, I divided it into two quilts at 6 rows each and added a designed border. I will now try to print the two photos I took, but really don't have much faith in this new system. Wish me luck and keep your fingers, (eyes and toes) crossed. Valerie[ATTACH=CONFIG]301217[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails round-rows-7-thru-12.jpg  
Old 01-07-2012, 11:50 AM

Well, half of my photos appeared. Here, (I hope) is the quilt with rows #1 thru #6. Uncross and recross those fingers, toes and eyes please. Belles

PS I'm so excited after reading that Gramakitten thought all of you did a wonderful job on my Round the Rows. And you're right Kathi, we DO do good work. [ATTACH=CONFIG]301218[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails round-rows-1-thru-6.jpg