Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Row Round Robin Christmas Theme for 2009!  Groups Assigned see page 8 >

Row Round Robin Christmas Theme for 2009! Groups Assigned see page 8

Row Round Robin Christmas Theme for 2009! Groups Assigned see page 8

Old 12-21-2008, 02:56 PM

I didn't mention it? Oh there it is between the two photos. Christmas Hope.
Old 12-21-2008, 02:58 PM

sorry, I didn't even see the writting, I was too mezmorized by the photos.
Old 12-21-2008, 04:21 PM
Power Poster

Elizabeth, your row is beautuuumous!!!! I like your Christmas theme..could be interpreted in lots of different ways. You are likeing that embroidery part of your machine aren't you...I like mine too.

Best of luck to you on the 23rd...I go get my Christmas "tiara" done tomorrow..I'll have a hard time talking. :roll: so....I'm wishing you the luck now.
Old 12-21-2008, 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by Elizabeth A.
Thank you, me too!

I mentioned that I had completed my row, so I'm going to post it here now and will create a photo post for all of our pictures after I assign the groups. Don't feel any pressure! Remember? I don't know what the doctor will be doing with me yet.

My theme is Christmas Hope, so I did a little embrodery on it.
I loved your "HOPE" block from the beginning. Now I think it's awesome with it set between the other gorgeous blocks. You are so talented.

Take care of yourself. GBY
Old 12-21-2008, 08:56 PM

[quote=sandpat]Elizabeth, your row is beautuuumous!!!! I like your Christmas theme..could be interpreted in lots of different ways. You are likeing that embroidery part of your machine aren't you...I like mine too.
quote]

Santpat-
I want to know what fabulous machines that you and Elizabeth have that do embroidery. I want one that will do some fancy stitches and embroidery but don't know what features to look for.
Old 12-22-2008, 04:59 AM
Power Poster

Oh 2 Doods, I don't really know what to tell you. It depends on what you like to do. I have a Bernina..and love it although..as I tell my DH..its kinda like a John Deere..they are great machines but you do pay for them and then when you buy the extras..wow..you pay for them again.

Here are my favorite options.....Knee bar to lift the pressure foot, push button start for the embroidery (vs. having to hold down the pedal with your foot), needle down is a MUST, along with being able to move the needle Left/Right, and my most favorite Bernina offering----LOTS OF FEET!
Old 12-22-2008, 05:04 AM

Thanks. I have a second generation machine. It's a Brother 2001 ULT, that was top of the line then. Much much less money now. It is still completely supported by Brother because sewing machine companies consider their high end machines to be a long term investments and are supported for at least 10 years depending on the company.

That being said if it's decorative stitches you want (I love them for quick quilting!) look at the stitches the machine offers, some will just jump out at you. If at all possible try sewing them at the dealer to see how easy/difficult it is to make the stitches look in the picture. I really really wanted hearts and luckily for me this machine does that, as well as the Babylocks and the Pfaffs. My machine does hundreds (or it could be over 1000 - I'd have to check the manual - it shows up like pages and pages) of different stitches, enough to keep me happy. I'd read somewhere when I bought my first little machine "you'll never use all your decorative stitches" well that was wrong. LOL! I'd tried them all and used them regularly.

As for an embroidery machine... I really wanted a touch screen but just asssumed I couldn't afford it - but because mine was second hand suddenly it was something I could have. I'd heard RAVES about the color screen so that had me drooling too. My machine is extremely user friendly (as Marcia and I were talking about the other night - she has a couple of drooler machines :wink: ) I wouldn't hesitate one minute to buy a second hand embroidery machine. Just look up the reviews on it at http://www.patternreview.com so you don't end up with a dud.
Old 12-22-2008, 05:05 AM

Oh Sandpat how funny our different comments are!

I've yet to even try out my knee lift! :oops:
Old 12-22-2008, 05:10 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Elizabeth A.
Oh Sandpat how funny our different comments are!

I've yet to even try out my knee lift! :oops:
When you try to quilt...try the knee lift...you'll love it!
Old 12-22-2008, 05:33 AM

Yes I know I should, after all it's right there in the box. Heck I didn't even use the needle threader thing for about 2 weeks until DH made me watch him do it. :shock: