Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Rude quilters

Just remember, they were trying to bring you DOWN to their level...

i ran into a smart a.. sales person once and i was tongue tied...someone told me the next time anyone is rude to you just say very nicely, " are you having a bad day? or are you alway this rude"...that will give them something to think about..anyone that is rude to anyone is a very unhappy person..

My Dear Momski, most quilters are very sweet and elegant people with sharp minds and bodies when it comes to quilting and daily life. Those woman probably didn't have a clue about quilting or ever used a sewing machine in their life. Please try to forget what they said and remember, the mutiple pages of wonderful quilters that have replied to you being upset. You deserve the best wishes for all your quilts to be the best show stoppers. Put your next one in that museum, and wait for the (3 so called ladies to return), then call the quilting police on them. Laugh and run like heck. Hugs for you honey, you really deserve them. Happy Quilting.................

JS
    What does a "Quilter" look like? Or should I say what do some people think they should look like. Quilters are men and women who enjoy the craft. We come in all sizes shapes colors and age I might add. That is what makes our quilts so different and wonderful.Any one who has an idea of what they think a quilter SHOULD look lke is not one of us.

JS
    What does a "Quilter" look like? Or should I say what do some people think they should look like. Quilters are men and women who enjoy the craft. We come in all sizes shapes colors and age I might add. That is what makes our quilts so different and wonderful.Any one who has an idea of what they think a quilter SHOULD look lke is not one of us.

Blog Entries
    Oh, moonwolf! That is precious :thumbup: Couldn't have said it better myself :mrgreen:

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gramquilter2
    Maybe they were from the "QUILTING POLICE" and trying to shape everyone else up to their standards????
    You mean DOWN to the standards, don't you?

My husband and I were on a trip on our motorcycles and Sunday came around and we decided we needed to go for a morning of worship. Needless to say,the stares we recieved when we walked into the door and sat down. I do not believe a person there new what the sermon was about, No handshake... No nothing..

Not quilters related, but I recently flew First Class by using frequent flyer points and because I don't look like a "typical" first class flyer, the looks I got were amazing. One couple with Business Class tickets tried boarding when they called First Class and were turned away at the gate and told to wait. I thoroughly enjoyed walking past them and onto the plane before them. And I thoroughly enjoyed my First Class flight.

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    I think it is sad when someone believes that they make themselves look (and feel) better by tearing others down. Bad form!

Quote Originally Posted by Nancy O.
    My Dear Momski, most quilters are very sweet and elegant people with sharp minds and bodies when it comes to quilting and daily life. Those woman probably didn't have a clue about quilting or ever used a sewing machine in their life. Please try to forget what they said and remember, the mutiple pages of wonderful quilters that have replied to you being upset. You deserve the best wishes for all your quilts to be the best show stoppers. Put your next one in that museum, and wait for the (3 so called ladies to return), then call the quilting police on them. Laugh and run like heck. Hugs for you honey, you really deserve them. Happy Quilting.................
    I'll have you know, the only sharp thing in my body is my elbows:)

I have become a soft and curvy woman and the quilting isn't helping me lol

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by redvette54
    Quilters come in all sizes, ages and styles. Sometimes when I go into a LQS, they look at me like I don't belong there, because I look like a biker. So what is a quilter suppost to look like?
    Does Karen McTavish look like a "typical" quilter? And look at her unique artwork! I dislike stereotypes. We all belong to the sisterhood of quilters and our focus should be on creating the best we can and enjoying the process. How we look should not enter into the equation.

Blog Entries
    amen to that! I always feel that I'm regarded as a'bag lady' because I guess I may look like one, but in my 75 years I have cut and stitched thousands of yards of fabric, given lessons to countless others. You can not tell what talent is in someone else by looking. Maybe the work they do does not meet your standards, but we are all a work in progress. Bless you for being interested in others' work. If you were not there to learn and admire other's work, you wouldn't be there. Shame to the so called ladies tht made you feel bad.

My daughter , whom I was trying to get into sewing and I had the same if not worse thing happen to us !!
    For this reason we won't every pay good money to go to another quilt show.....I enjoy sewing and will keep on keeping on.
    Love the seam ripper with a rather BIG sharp point idea.

Love all the support you are getting from the wonderful people here!

" FORGIVE THEM FOR THEY KNOW NOT WHAT THEY DO"

Power Poster
    Know what I think is really pathetic?

That we get so upset about something like this! Was there any bodily harm done to anyone? Did anyone suffer any property damage?

Are we always considerate as customers? Have we never, ever made an impatient comment about someone else in a public place?

Read about what happened to trupeach's daughter (think it was her - rock dropped/thrown through a windshield)

My nephew was just about killed when a bunch of thugs ganged up on him and kicked him in the head until he was unconscious. Reason? He got out of his pickup and threw it back at them after they threw something at his pickup! (this was at a gas station at 1:15 am)

I've been in some Churches like that. That is the kind that wouldn't let Jesus in Himself!!

Quote Originally Posted by samharley
    My husband and I were on a trip on our motorcycles and Sunday came around and we decided we needed to go for a morning of worship. Needless to say,the stares we recieved when we walked into the door and sat down. I do not believe a person there new what the sermon was about, No handshake... No nothing..
    And I thought my husband and I were the only who had this happen to. :P

My handsome husband and I
    Name:  Attachment-108287.jpe
Views: 26
Size:  69.9 KB

Quote Originally Posted by GladGrams
    Quote Originally Posted by Chasing Hawk

I am a quilter, but I don't exactly look "traditional.
    You look GREAT! May all your quilts sell for big bucks!

Those people are a disgrace to quilters everywhere. I've NEVER met any quilters like that!

You got some machine there! It must be a dream to ride all through this beautiful country on it.

You got it wrong: The people who are looking at you are not looking crosswise, they are jealous!

There you are having fun!!
    (How dare you 8-) )

Power Poster
    Some of Jesus' followers didn't "like/appreciate" the people He hung around with, either.

Quote Originally Posted by hulahoop1
    Quote Originally Posted by redvette54
    Quilters come in all sizes, ages and styles. Sometimes when I go into a LQS, they look at me like I don't belong there, because I look like a biker. So what is a quilter suppost to look like?
    Does Karen McTavish look like a "typical" quilter? And look at her unique artwork! I dislike stereotypes. We all belong to the sisterhood of quilters and our focus should be on creating the best we can and enjoying the process. How we look should not enter into the equation.
    Amen. And Amen.

I believe people are bullies because it fills some sort of inadequacy they have. So really, we should feel sorry for them, because they just don't get it!
    I think that with some people, SOME, that being rude back to them is like taking candy from a baby. They don't get it. They are completely ignorant.
    But I only feel that way sometimes. :) For those who know better; shame on them.
    There's a difference between being unaware and choosing ignorance.

And I think that's all I have to say. :lol:

Quote Originally Posted by bearisgray
    Some of Jesus' followers didn't "like/appreciate" the people He hung around with, either.
    Well spoken

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 ... LastLast