Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Sad, but ......... >

Sad, but .........

Sad, but .........

Old 09-19-2011, 08:56 PM

Originally Posted by jljack
Wait a while, then give her the Noah's ark....she did have two babies, and from my own experience it's normal to want to include the memory of the other who is not here now. We know a family who lost a 2 yo girl to drowning, and their other children were told she now lives in heaven, and they all talk about her all the time.
I agree...
Old 09-19-2011, 09:15 PM

Originally Posted by MadQuilter
Can you modify the pattern and add angel wings on one of two on his ascent to heaven? (Assuming you believe in heaven)

That baby will always have a place in the family's heart. I would acknowledge him and his passing.
Wonderful idea!!
Old 09-19-2011, 09:29 PM

Originally Posted by AFQSinc
I would still make it. I have a friend that lost one of her twins (they were born at 27 weeks) and she said that the thing that hurt the most was that people didn't acknowledge the baby that died. She believed that they were doing it because they didn't want to cause her additional pain or upset. The fact of the matter is that the other baby did exist and is loved as much as the one that survived.
I wholeheartedly agree with this comment.
Old 09-19-2011, 10:03 PM

Originally Posted by jmabby
I had two nephews, twins, born early, one died yesterday. I had started to make a wall hanging of Noah's ark with "They come two by two". Would you still give it or would you just make another wall hanging not mentioning the little boy that died??
I am so sorry, my condolences to the family.

My vote would be to go ahead with the hanging. Nothing can possibly remind them of the baby they lost because that baby will always be remembered. Nothing can make the pain worse than feeling like no one else has noticed that precious little life.

If you have the time, energy, etc, I'd also suggest something just for the surviving twin.
Old 09-25-2011, 01:18 PM

I decided to give her a preemie outfit and a minky blanket for now. In two weeks I will be going up to see her again and get a feel of how she is doing, maybe ask her if she would like the wallhanging. I plan on asking what she would want on it and take it from there. Thanks for all your answers.