Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Sad, but ......... >

Sad, but .........

Sad, but .........

Old 09-14-2011, 07:52 PM

As someone who has miscarried 9 little ones, I would want a memory. This sounds like something tasteful not tacky so it would be appreciated in time- maybe not right away. Leave that up to the parents to decide though
Old 09-14-2011, 07:55 PM

Originally Posted by AFQSinc
I would still make it. I have a friend that lost one of her twins (they were born at 27 weeks) and she said that the thing that hurt the most was that people didn't acknowledge the baby that died. She believed that they were doing it because they didn't want to cause her additional pain or upset. The fact of the matter is that the other baby did exist and is loved as much as the one that survived.
I agree, so sad.... but the twin who died needs to be remembered, too. I love the idea of angel wings on one of them...
Old 09-14-2011, 07:56 PM

I am so sorry for your loss. Having lost a child myself I would make two seperate projects. For the surviving twin and something else perhaps a pillow to match the quilt for the other that will be a treasured keepsake. It is a hard time and my prayers are with you and your family.
Old 09-14-2011, 11:15 PM

I am so very sorry for your loss. I would still make the wall hanging as the one that was lost was here for a brief moment. He is worthy of remembrance. There will come a time when one can look at the wall hanging and remember him without tears.
Old 09-14-2011, 11:15 PM

I am so very sorry for your loss. I would still make the wall hanging as the one that was lost was here for a brief moment. He is worthy of remembrance. There will come a time when one can look at the wall hanging and remember him without tears.
Old 09-15-2011, 01:23 AM

Originally Posted by Doreen
I would go for the Noah's Arc. You need to talk to the mother, I think it is very important to acknowledge the other child that passed away.

I agree that this is a tough call but most mom's will want to have the deceased twin a part of their life too. The idea of the rainbow with one dove flying away may be just the right touch in this instance. Be sure to talk to the mom and be sure she's ready for you to give it to her. Right now may be too soon. You're such a special friend I'm sure you'll know when she's ready just trust your heart to lead you.
Old 09-15-2011, 04:12 AM

We lost our first child when I was 6 months long. Our boys grew up knowing they have another brother that lives in heaven. My uncle..who was the one to survive said he always grew up with a picture of his twin in his bedroom..and to this day..still has it.
Old 09-15-2011, 07:42 AM

This was my thought as well. God bless that family.

Originally Posted by MadQuilter
Can you modify the pattern and add angel wings on one of two on his ascent to heaven? (Assuming you believe in heaven)

That baby will always have a place in the family's heart. I would acknowledge him and his passing.
Old 09-15-2011, 09:55 AM

I also like the rainbow/dove idea. That little one will always be remembered.
Old 09-15-2011, 09:56 AM

I also like the rainbow/dove idea. That little one will always be remembered.