Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Sad and frustrated >

Sad and frustrated

Sad and frustrated

Old 08-31-2010, 06:44 AM

I know what the world is like these days, but it never ceases to amaze me the gall of some people! They must never look in the mirror, for they surely wouldn't like what they see! It is really sad that you had such an awful experience with that creature. I wish I could help, but know nothing abt. quilting machines. It looks like others are giving you some good advice. I hope it works out well for you.
Old 08-31-2010, 06:59 AM
Bev

Originally Posted by wvdek
bump
What does "bump" mean?
Old 08-31-2010, 07:07 AM

i agree..it is just horrible..now what i would do is send her a registered letter stating that she has x number of days..lets say 10..to either bring you those parts or refund your money and if there is no respone she can expect to hear from your attorney..i;m not sure if you need this further aggrivation in your life now but a lesson well learnedand perhaps you can call the co up and get those parts needed..i wish you the best on this one
Old 08-31-2010, 07:09 AM
Bev

Originally Posted by sjhughson
Sorry, but quilter's are like every other group of people. I've learned they can be con artists, swindlers, liars, cheats. Don't you all know about the stolen quilts? We would love to believe that quilters are only the best of people but they are people and therein lies the tale. I would not take chances with a crazy woman. Be careful especially since you are vulnerable. It sounded to me like she has your address. Pay cash for nothing in the future. Lesson learned.
I couldn't agree more. I've had a couple of bad experiences that proved to me that quilters are just people like everyone else. There are many more good than bad, that's why the bad ones shock us so!
And please, PLEASE don't deal in cash anymore. At least buying with a check allows you time to see if you've been conned or not. Don't ever send cash through the mail either. It's a big NO-NO!
I also agree that you should not deal with this woman on your own again. She does sound crazy to me. Or at least just a bubble short of plumb. Get someone to help you with this.
But try not to let her off the hook either. What she did was despicable.

:cry:
Old 08-31-2010, 07:24 AM

Originally Posted by Marquilt
Mary, I am so sorry you've had such a horrible experience. Perhaps the thing to do is to call the Grace Company and tell them what happened and order the missing parts and ask them if they can advise you on how to get some instruction about using it. This will cost you more money, but at least you will have a usable tool in the end. And you never know, perhaps they'll take pity on your predicament and cut you a deal. Worth a try.
That's my suggestion too. Call the company. I have a full size Grace and love it. I ordered mine from the internet and any questions I had were answered immediately and with courtesy. The Grace is not hard to put together. Just follow the steps in the instructions one after the other. You might get a friend to help you for holding parts together while you put on screws. My friend helped me having no idea of what a long arm looked like. We set the whole thing up in one day. Be patient cause you'll love the results.

My biggest problem was trying to figure out which layer went on which roller. I think God short changed my brain in that department.
Old 08-31-2010, 08:13 AM

All you wonderful people have made me feel better and lets me know the world isn't without kind, caring, people. Yes, I am afraid of her. If you could have heard her talk you to might think she is not all there. There was no reasoning with her and it was one lie after another. I do believe a person like that should be stopped from taking advantage of another but the situation I am in I just don't feel strong enough to go after her. She probably screws others all the time and I can ony hope that someday she will meet her match. I did order the upgrade kit and I was also given a good suggestion from a wonderful lady. She said she had a frame like this and the track would make noise because it was set into the groove in several pieces. She said to go to Home Depot and check out the material that holds ceiling tile in place for she is using it with her frame. Pretty nifty idea, if it will work with this one.
I truly appreciate all you gals advice and encouagment...you are the best of the best! Hugs to all of you. Will let you know how it all works out. I am really wanting to do some quilting. Mary

Originally Posted by sandpat
I hope you can get the tracks that you need, get the machine set up and get back to what you wanted to do in the first place. As a general rule, I've always been one to "stand up" and wouldn't let anyone get away with something like this...but I tell ya'...with the crazy world, her knowing where you live and knowing that you live alone....I probably wouldn't mess with her..who knows..she could be really dangerous..not worth the chance to me. Just get what you need and stay safe...hard lesson unfortunately learned. I'm sending you hugs...wish I was closer..I'd come help you put it together and figure out how to get it up and running.
Old 08-31-2010, 08:20 AM

That is just terrible, some real nasty people in this world. I would do what the others say, advertise for what you are looking for, and/or call the company and see if they can help you
Old 08-31-2010, 08:35 AM

Thats terrible! All I have to say Mary is: karma - it does the job every time.
Old 08-31-2010, 10:45 AM

quilters as a rule seem to be the most honest around and then there is always that one..but don't go down without a fight she might just be counting on you not to say anything, also you might consider posting on whatever site you bought from about her business practices so she doesn' hang someone else out to dry..good luck.. you're not the stupid one..she is...
Old 08-31-2010, 02:30 PM

So sorry for your experience. It is such a shame that people are so indignant when they get caught in doing wrong. Especially since I am sure she did know there were missing parts. I would have been glad to give your money back, but then I am not that woman. She will meet her maker one of these days and have some explaining to do.