Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
saggy wallhanging >

saggy wallhanging

saggy wallhanging

Old 07-22-2012, 06:47 PM

I cut a 4" or 6" square, fold it corner to corner, then pin it into the backside of the quilt at the top of my wallhanging with the raw edges placed at the edge of the quilt in each corner - Left and Right at the top. Stitch it in place, then add your binding. Purchase a piece of dowelling that will fit from left to right corners, and hang it up. This works really well, much better than a sleeve, if the quilt or wallhanging is not toooooo large. Best of Luck..
Old 07-22-2012, 08:23 PM

I have seen directions on the web about putting triangles in each corner so a rod can be put in the top and bottom of the quilt which might make it hang better -- I have a wall hanging at our beach house that uses two safety pins for hangers - one on each of the top corners - with the little circle part of the safety pin at the top - and staight pins in the wall to hang the safety pins on - it stays in place pretty well unless there is some rough housing going on and someone bumps into it - lol
Old 07-23-2012, 09:58 AM

I use the white cafe curtain rings sewn at even spaces on the back of the quilt and then use the push pins that have a "head" to hang the quilt. If you put the rings just below the top of the quilt they hang straight and no big holes in the wall. the rings won't show that way.