Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
This Santa's little helper is ready to go on strike >

This Santa's little helper is ready to go on strike

This Santa's little helper is ready to go on strike

Old 12-17-2012, 06:42 PM

Seamstome,
I'll hire you in a second. I'm prepared to offer liberal benefits, no janitorial duties, plenty of chocolate breaks and the adult beverage of your choice! Think about it.......
Old 12-17-2012, 06:50 PM

I'm with Pam B - there is no way I can get it all done. So those who were expecting handmade gifts will get them after Christmas.
Old 12-17-2012, 09:20 PM

just finished 3 great grand-daughter dresses, and cut out 2 little guy shirts...gotta sew them (at least most of them) by 2 tomorrow as I have a two hour class of basic knit/crochet I do weekly. (every Tuesday...oh well) the Tuesday after that is Christmas Day...so I'll take that off. giggle. (free class)

I swear next time the great grand-daughter dresses will be totally finished by the 1st day of next december. YEAH, right...that's what i claimed last year. YIKES!!!
Old 12-20-2012, 08:47 AM

To Funny... Your sense of humor is great! Good thing i didnt sign up this year. lol
Old 12-26-2012, 06:51 PM

I so loved your post! Made me smile and nod my head in agreement many times. I also committed myself rather late in the game but got the quilt made and got the approval of my son when he opened his bag. Made it all worth it! Merry Christmas. Take a little time for yourself now!
Old 12-26-2012, 08:59 PM

I've lost count of the times I've started planning and making the year's Christmas gifts on Jan 2nd. I get all inspired and roll along quite well until I stall out somewhere around mid-March, about when gardening weather begins in my neck of the woods, I guess. Christmas gets shoved onto the back burner until sometime around mid-November when the pumpkin and cranberry displays go up in the grocery stores and it hits me that I've only got about six weeks left to finish all those projects in time for Christmas. One of these days you'd think I would figure out that Christmas comes the same time every year!
Old 12-27-2012, 01:21 AM

My local quilt shop is starting Christmas projects in May. I am not pleased as a person does not do Christmas. I do celebrate Christmas which is more than a couple of my friends. Having a good .....rant.... It just seems that if you don't do the show Christmas you are not important. If you have children about I would do a little show but single no children and no young nephews its not important. I never object to projects in September but may before annual holidays. .mad.
Old 12-28-2012, 05:59 AM

Thanks for your clever post.Gotta love that'I can do that' attitude that makes the barely possible seem very possible!