Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
sasquatch quilt. >

sasquatch quilt.

sasquatch quilt.

Old 02-05-2012, 08:23 AM

Originally Posted by raedar63 View Post
Maybe, but it struck me wrong, and I will fefrain from asking for suggestions with my bizzar projects in the future. I am a skeptic of all of the "religion" overtones on here but do not make comments ;
I am very excited to start this project but usually do not post photos of my work on here due to comments I read a while back that went something like "really they are giving that as a gift?"
Again I want to thank everyony for all the suggestions, I already have a rough skecth drawn out to take to a local artist to make me up a pattern that I can do a layered applique with as I am certianly not a good skecther lol
I watch all the shows on finding bigfoot, they may be real, I don't know but I am inclined to believe.
Can't wait to see your quilt I also loved the show Harry and the Hendersons. So you go girl, I know it will be a great quilt.
Old 02-05-2012, 08:25 AM

Originally Posted by catmcclure View Post
Didn't you ever notice that Chewbacca from Star Wars was really a Sasquatch?
I did it is one of my favorite shows of all time.
Old 02-05-2012, 08:27 AM
Power Poster

love this idea, i'm on the funky side anyway, we NEED to see pics of this one in progress
Old 02-05-2012, 08:27 AM

Heck yes I love chewy!
Old 02-05-2012, 08:29 AM

Oh no, I hope you continue to share your "weird" ideas. I find this very fascinating and something I woul dnot think of but who knows, maybe when you finish several of us may want to copy it. Please post it when you get it finished. I would love to see it. I can understand why you don't want it to be a cartoon character........I don't think that would look good as a wall hanging but to have a forest scene with that dark and mysterious "think" lurking in the background. Maybe if you could find a real light shade of gray. Oh this is so interesting. I am so glad that you posted.
Old 02-05-2012, 08:46 AM

Originally Posted by cindypierce View Post
I don't see whats bizzar about sasquach. I've seen unicorns,even dragon quilts. Please show a picture when you are done I am relearning quilting and you gave me courage with your sasquach!! I'm going to try something more ambitious than squares sooner rather than later!! So thankyou and happy quilting!!
Very good point, unicorns, dragon quilts, fairy quilts are not considered bazaar.

I'm so sorry that your feelings appear to have been hurt....I don't think that she intended it that way, her profile says she's from Oregon so I'm sure there are a lot of differing views on this Sasquatch there in NW.

Please Raedar post your pictures....there are far more quilters here that appreciate being creative with individuality than those that scoff or worse yet criticize. There are already posts on this thread of others wanting to do the same type of quilt using Sasquatch! You go girl!!!!!
Old 02-05-2012, 08:48 AM

i am really looking forward to the finished project - as well as pics in progress. This is a fascinating subject and i think it will be a beautiful quilt when done! But on the subject of these - wasn't there a movie a long time ago ( i remember seeing it when i was about 10-14 years old) called the legend of boggy creek?
Old 02-05-2012, 08:54 AM

Originally Posted by raedar63 View Post
I looked for the over head projectors they are a little too expensive .I did see some things called opaque projectors these would be perfect. I need to gather some things to sell ! I must have something to enlarge things I could do so much more with my ideas!
I am currently working on a poppy quilt that relates to the Flanders field and Veterens. If I had a projector it would have been soooooo spectacular! I am making this poppy quilt to donate to a VFW post in MI . The city refused to allow an old gent ,a WW2 VET to stand on the spot he had for many many years on the day the vets hand out poppies for donations thier proceeds decreased buy a couple thousand due to this.They clamed saftey yet let the town fire dept stand in the same spot a few months later to raise money..... Well I am getting carried away I do tend to get pasionate .....

I so have to raise some money for a projector!
I got a projector at Christmas time, one of those that has the little discs that you can project pictures onto the side of your house. I used the clear plastic sheets and shrunk a design for my kids to paint on the wall, you then cut the little circle out put it in and depending on how far a way the projector is depends on the size you can enlarge to. It works pretty good and I think I paid $10.00 for it. A little more work but a pretty cheap alternative.
Old 02-05-2012, 09:08 AM

Default Don't Stop asking ;-)

I totally agree with urgodschild2!! I don't know if Sasquatch exists, but I certainly will respect your right to believe it does just as you seem to respect the right of us religiously inclined members (THANKS!). Seriously, I read the original post and thought maybe it's a joke, but I read on and thought maybe it's not.

I would HATE to see people quit posting ideas/questions about different topics/images of all shapes and sorts. I've really enjoyed reading all the advice others have given about making a Sasquatch quilt. I might not make one, but I could certainly use those ideas for making a quilt about a bear or a dog or a whatever. Creativity takes all forms.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE don't stop posting ;-))
Old 02-05-2012, 10:07 AM

I agree...just print off several nice photos/examples from using GOOGLE images. Enlarge it, and use awesome fabric and fabric shades to create your fur look. You could finish it off with some awesome thread painting for a real 3-D look.

I kinda thought the other poster was just having fun teasing a little. There's a lot of that good natured ribbing in here... keeps things light.