Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Satisfied only doing a Bargello? >

Satisfied only doing a Bargello?

Satisfied only doing a Bargello?

Old 05-17-2014, 08:09 AM
Power Poster

You've found a field that needs further exploration. Why leave it until you have explored as much as you want?

I find myself going back to different forms of log cabins, especially when I have trouble deciding on what to make next.
Old 05-17-2014, 08:13 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Jeanne S View Post
Don't give yourself a hard time! You clearly have mastered the art of bargellos and they make you happy and give you a feeling of having done something well which is very important! And this style gives you lots of room for creative design challenges, not to mention the organization and piecing skills. Do what you like to do!
**I agree! And yes, you are not alone!
Old 05-17-2014, 08:29 AM

You're quilting because you enjoy what you're doing, right? So keep doing what you enjoy.
Old 05-17-2014, 08:52 AM

There is nothing wrong with you. One of the gals did a bargello for one of her first attempts at quilting and fell in love with bargello. She has made like six of them, baby quilt size, to give to friends and family as gifts for their new babies. She has done some other types of quilts but she still loves to do bargellos. Keep doing them. At some point you will find another pattern you will like or maybe go on to something new with bargellos. There are no rules and you do what you love to do!
Old 05-17-2014, 09:21 AM

Thanks to all of you. I played with this new pattern again and am going to retire it and go on to the Bargello I really want to do. I should be sewing what I want to sew, not getting something done so I can then sew what I want to....right?

So, off to do just that. Thanks again for all the encouragement.

Dina
Old 05-17-2014, 09:25 AM

Dina - I'm thrilled you are staying with bargellos because I will be starting one soon and you probably will receive lots of PM from me - hope that is ok. LOL
Old 05-17-2014, 10:32 AM

I agree. Stick with what you love. I'm not so much like that with quilts, but I get that way with food. For example, peanut butter cookies. That will be all I want for weeks, then eventually I get sick of them and move on to something else!
Old 05-17-2014, 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by Marsh View Post
Dina - I'm thrilled you are staying with bargellos because I will be starting one soon and you probably will receive lots of PM from me - hope that is ok. LOL
That is just fine. I will be delighted to offer any help I can.

Dina
Old 05-17-2014, 04:32 PM

Phases are good. My current phase is to make placemats with a matching cloth towel and give as gifts. The quilt top phase I was in led to about 6 UFOs. So now I'm finishing the UFOs but having fun with the mats. Who knows what the next phase will be? I suspect it will lead to the LQS, no matter what! LOL
Old 05-17-2014, 06:02 PM

I made 4 bargello"s last year for Christmas presents for my granddaughters love making them just got a new book by Eileen Wright going to make more but during the time I was making them also worked on Farmer's Wife quilt for another granddaughter for her college graduation gave it to her last week all week I've been thinking I don't have a farmers wife for me after swearing I would never make another one raining today home by myself got 3 blocks done so I guess you can say I'm making another farmers wife quilt guess we do what we want when making quilts now I just need to find 20 colors from light to dark for my next bargello