Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
SCARED TO BUY...... >

SCARED TO BUY......

SCARED TO BUY......

Old 01-08-2011, 07:01 PM

It might be a good deal if you had steady employment. Keep the money. There will always be machines out there waiting for you once you get a job.
Old 01-08-2011, 07:01 PM
Power Poster

search in yahoo groups for a Long Arm group. Juki if you can find it. also just search about this unit and see if you can find any chats. good luck to you.
Old 01-08-2011, 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by Candace
I didn't think Juki made long arms? What model is this? If it's only a 9" throat I wouldn't pay that price for it. Job or no.
ditto! I have a similar set-up (9" throat) Paid less than $1500 new.
Old 01-08-2011, 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by cjomomma
Got to be honest here, why are you looking to spend that much money if you are working yet?
CJ"s got a good head on her shoulders, gotta say I agree
David
Old 01-08-2011, 07:08 PM

Does yours have the computer and the stitch regulator?
Old 01-08-2011, 07:10 PM

To Debby does yours have a stitch regulator and a computer? (sorry for double message) this machine I found at www.sewingmachinesplus.com they list it as a longarm, I couldn't find a description that told inches and it didn't look longarmed.
Old 01-08-2011, 07:29 PM

It isn't a longarm. It is a midarm. And I would look for a better deal if you had the money. Unfortunately I agree with eveRyone else, you should wait to buy. My hubby and I both have good jobs, daughter works 2 part time and goes to college full time and I am still waiting to get a longarm. If you can't pay your electric bill...that machine isn't gonna work. ;)
Old 01-08-2011, 07:33 PM
Jim

No idea if that a good price....because there are so many questions that need to be asked...how old?..has there been maintenance problems?...how many hours usuage already on the machine?...is it a long arm or mid arm?...another thing is..if you are looking at this to supplement your income...its not a dependable income...it takes a long time to build up your clientele...and its a hit and miss business meaning you may have 4 quilts one month and 12 a month closer to Christmas and none other months. Also as a long arm quilter you are not going to get rich, you just have to love doing it. Some people can't stand long enough and have to have a sit down type of setup...so many variables to consider..hope this helps and good luck
Old 01-08-2011, 07:45 PM

To Jim, It is a new machine-it looked like a good deal to me after going on Craigslist. But I am going to wait to buy one, I don,t have many bills, I'll just wait on the machine, although my son is getting married in April and I did want to give them a quilt, and I do not want to quilt by hand-never! Also, the stories I hear on here about sending out to LA'rs and the disappointment. Linda(chichimamma)
Old 01-08-2011, 07:52 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by chichimamma
To Jim, It is a new machine-it looked like a good deal to me after going on Craigslist. But I am going to wait to buy one, I don,t have many bills, I'll just wait on the machine, although my son is getting married in April and I did want to give them a quilt, and I do not want to quilt by hand-never! Also, the stories I hear on here about sending out to LA'rs and the disappointment. Linda(chichimamma)
Of course you hear about the disappointments of LA quilters, just like you hear about the disappointments of machines and anything else. You can find a good longarm quilter you just need to do your research and get plenty of information.