Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
SCORE!!! >

SCORE!!!

SCORE!!!

Old 08-25-2010, 03:29 AM

Dumb question but what do you use the suction cup for?
Old 08-25-2010, 04:02 AM

I live in oklahoma and have not found the carpet cutters. Still looking
Old 08-25-2010, 04:07 AM

Originally Posted by Alice Woodhull
I was at theHF in southern Indianapolis Monday. They had 6 packages, I bought 4 and left a couple for anyone else who wanted them. I haven't had a chance to use them yet, but will just as soon as I cut out something.
I'm going to that HF next week. Hope they have some left.
Old 08-25-2010, 04:20 AM

They had a bunch of blades here in Bowling Green yesterday. And I was not greedy and left plenty for others ;-)
Old 08-25-2010, 04:44 AM

Originally Posted by CoyoteQuilts
I finally went to Harbor Freight tonight.... Of course all you gals talked everybody around me to get there first! I looked and looked, my DH asked about the blades and finally I found where they were SUPPOSE to be! Yep, they were all gone, but the cutter was there..... in the cutter package there are 3 blades, yep 3. It was $3.99. Well, I HAD to have a blade, mine is going skip, skip, skip and frustrating (I dropped it when it was open on a ceramic tile floor). So even though each blade was double what the single blades were it still was lots cheaper than Jo-Anns with a 40% off coupon. Of course I had to get a couple other things..... Did you all know they have a wrist magnet? I thought I'd try that out and see if it will work. Here is a pic of my finds. Just a few cents over 10 bucks!
I bought ten pkgs od blades and my GF bought two. Also found two magnetic "bowls" to hold pins for $3.99. The one I got at the Expo was $12.95.
Old 08-25-2010, 04:55 AM

I checked them out online and they're on back order. I'll keep checking and let everyone know if they finally get them in. My husband is getting a big kick out of this...lol.
Old 08-25-2010, 04:59 AM

Okay... I think I might have to get the mini suction cup. I have been wanting to get one to play with and for $3 you can't shake a stick at it.

We have a HF in town..
Anyone want me to check to see if they have blades? I can ship them to you lol. I don't need any as I scored 100 of them on ebay (Olfa brand, nip) for about $50 so I only paid 50 cents a blade. Yes, a few of my friends were in on that score lol.
Old 08-25-2010, 06:00 AM

We have Harbor Freight in Appleton, but I am going down there right now and see about the blades. ;-)
Old 08-25-2010, 06:37 AM

don't put that magnetic anywhere near your embrodiery machines or cards, I had a embrodiery card erased from putting it in my purse with a magnetic :(
Old 08-25-2010, 06:50 AM

When I was in HF Sat. and they were all out of the blades, the clerk told me they were getting a shipment in on Mon. with 8 pkgs. and to call on Tue. and have them held. So I called yesterday, and the gal that answered the phone says "we can't hold them!" My DH went there on his lunch break, since he works not too far from there, and bought them all for me!!!! I don't need that many, but I want to give them along with the suction cup handles for Christmas! Yay, I have a start on my Christmas shopping and a sharp blade in my rotary cutter! Life is good!!!! :D

Thank you for all the warnings about magnets & computerized machines. I was thinking getting a magnetic pin holder, but not anymore! Especially since my machine is in the repair shop and I have a loaner from Viking. I don't think they would like getting it back with the mother board magnetized! :(