Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
SCORE!!! >

SCORE!!!

SCORE!!!

Old 08-25-2010, 08:00 AM

Originally Posted by kim_s
A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do! Congrats on your score!!!

This store must be an east coast store or someting. I live in So Cal and have never heard of it.
NO!!! There aren't any in the northeast.
Old 08-25-2010, 08:16 AM
Bev

Originally Posted by mygirl66
I had to buy the same carpet cutter, mine was out of the blades too, but it is still a good deal, compaired to what they want at JAF for new blades! Keep calling them back to see when they have them in stock!
I feel sorry for all the carpet installers around the country who are trying to buy or refill their carpet cutters. But not so sorry that I didn't go out and buy a few packages of blades. I left a few for them though. Soft hearted person that I am. ;-)
Old 08-25-2010, 08:19 AM
Bev

Originally Posted by Surfergirl
I checked them out online and they're on back order. I'll keep checking and let everyone know if they finally get them in. My husband is getting a big kick out of this...lol.
If you really get desperate, run on over to downtown Gainesville. Last time I checked they had plenty of them. I guess word hasn't gotten around here just yet. They've also got a ton of all the other stuff people have mentioned.
8-)
Old 08-25-2010, 08:45 AM

Originally Posted by Bev
I had to buy the same carpet cutter, mine was out of the blades too, but it is still a good deal, compaired to what they want at JAF for new blades! Keep calling them back to see when they have them in stock!
I feel sorry for all the carpet installers around the country who are trying to buy or refill their carpet cutters. But not so sorry that I didn't go out and buy a few packages of blades. I left a few for them though. Soft hearted person that I am. ;-)
I can't believe that the carpet installers would actually use the cheap plastic cutter that HF sells for these blades! Seems to me that the handle on it would break right away.
Old 08-25-2010, 08:50 AM
Bev

Originally Posted by charcrfts
Originally Posted by Bev
I can't believe that the carpet installers would actually use the cheap plastic cutter that HF sells for these blades! Seems to me that the handle on it would break right away.
Yeah you're probably right about that. Any carpet man I've ever watched had a real heavy duty one. So if we are buying up all the HF ones they're probably glad about it. Maybe carpet installers never buy those cheap ones.
Old 08-25-2010, 09:41 AM

LOVE the wrist magnet. I will have to go get one
Old 08-25-2010, 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by lnlwhitt
Dumb question but what do you use the suction cup for?
I'm happy I'm Not the only one that son't know what they are using them for.
Old 08-25-2010, 10:04 AM

HF are in San Antonio,too!

What is the suction cup used for?
Old 08-25-2010, 10:07 AM

Harbor freight has a website. u can order on line.
Old 08-25-2010, 10:51 AM
Bev

[/quote] I bought ten pkgs of blades and my GF bought two. Also found two magnetic "bowls" to hold pins for $3.99. The one I got at the Expo was $12.95.[/quote]

I bought one of the small magnetic bowls and to my surprise when I put it down on my heavily padded ironing board, it stuck like glue, well almost.
I was delighted because I use my i.board for everything. It's set up immediately next to my machine and I place my pin cushions etc. on it while I'm sewing. Every once in a while my arm bumps it and the pins go flying. This totally prevents that. Plus it's just the right size ... not too big, not too small. I love it.
8-)