Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Scrap Quilts >

Scrap Quilts

Scrap Quilts

Old 04-07-2011, 07:23 AM

Originally Posted by watterstide
there re no ugly scrap quilts, most are "utility" quilts, and meant to keep someone warm,cuddly and loved!

:thumbup:
Okay, you convinced me. I knew it was a "U" word, I just chose the wrong one. It is now a utility quilt. :lol:
Old 04-07-2011, 07:47 AM

I'm working on scrappy quilts too, so thanks for all the ideas.

I have 3 bags (big ones--like 120 liter bags) of scraps...need to get them under control--a lot of backing scraps from all the charity quilts I've done--.

I am using some of the ideas here but the scrap pile doesn't seem to go down, even though I've got several quilts "under construction" (reds, blues, blacks, wilderness, bolds (all irish chains), and 5 other scrappy ones...all being worked on now currently. I just have too many scraps and want to be able to work better in my sewing room without the scraps attacking me!

I love all the pics. Thanks everyone. I want to try a scrappy log cabin! Haven't done that yet.

I just bought a roll of adding machine tape to try to sew scraps onto to help me with a border for the scrap quilt I'm almost done with.
Old 04-07-2011, 07:53 AM

Originally Posted by BellaBoo
Go here: http://quiltville.com/

It's the only site you need to know anything you want to know about scrap quilts.
BellaBoo beat me to it! I love the Scrappy Bargello the best. And remember what Bonnie says "if the fabric is still ugly, you have not cut it small enough!" I just love that woman!
Old 04-07-2011, 08:12 AM

Originally Posted by justflyingin

I have 3 bags (big ones--like 120 liter bags) of scraps...need to get them under control--a lot of backing scraps from all the charity quilts I've done--.

I am using some of the ideas here but the scrap pile doesn't seem to go down, even though I've got several quilts "under construction" (reds, blues, blacks, wilderness, bolds (all irish chains), and 5 other scrappy ones...all being worked on now currently. I just have too many scraps and want to be able to work better in my sewing room without the scraps attacking me!

I love all the pics. Thanks everyone. I want to try a scrappy log cabin! Haven't done that yet.

I just bought a roll of adding machine tape to try to sew scraps onto to help me with a border for the scrap quilt I'm almost done with.
Need to make a movie "When Scraps Attack", or "Sleepless in Scrapville". Go ahead and boo and hiss. I have a mountain of scraps that will protect me. :lol:
Old 04-07-2011, 11:35 AM

Perfect I vote for "
sleepless in scapville"
Originally Posted by TonnieLoree
Originally Posted by justflyingin

Need to make a movie "When Scraps Attack", or "Sleepless in Scrapville". Go ahead and boo and hiss. I have a mountain of scraps that will protect me. :lol: