Search for extremely easy quilt patterns >

Search for extremely easy quilt patterns

Search for extremely easy quilt patterns

Old 02-09-2007, 04:02 PM

Gloria, your site is fantastic. I'm going to start today!! :D

http://www.sewaquilt.com/index.html
Old 02-11-2007, 10:25 AM
Boo

I was surprised not to see log cabin listed. My first three quilts where queen size log cabins, using Eleanor Burns book. I recommend this book to many new quilters, as it has excellent directions and pictures of every step. She also is specific in sizes and amounts of fabric needed.
Old 02-15-2007, 07:54 AM

I did what is referred to as a "log cabin " quilt block and made enough blocks for a King size plus at least a twin within a weekend. still haven't quiled it bu thats mainly from indecision about what to do with that an I"ve been moving alot. Now I'm back in my own home and plan to stay for a bit. I' get it done as soon as I find it!
Old 02-15-2007, 09:06 AM

I am a big fan of applique. Above all else its my favorite. Kids coloring books are a good place to look too. Smple shapes can be used in a 9 patch or more setting. Just trace around the shape in th coloring book and start cutting out! Also, keep in mind that you can use used dryer sheets instead of trying to turn under a raw edge. Just sew the dryer sheet to the right side and when done, cut a slit in the dryer sheet to turn everything right side out again and press. Then you can either slip stitch it to the background fabric or machine stitch it. I am sorry to go on so long, but if you are just starting out, maybe this will help. :D
Old 02-15-2007, 10:07 AM
Boo

I have used this method also, but prefer to use 911FF a lightweight fusible interfacing. You trace the applique shape on the backside, the non fusible side, and place the fusible side against the right side of fabric. Sew on the line and cut out leaving a scant seam allowance. Cut a small slit in middle and turn. This way the fusible will hold the applique while you are stitching either by hand or machine. :D
Old 02-15-2007, 10:33 AM

What a great idea! Thaks :D
Old 02-15-2007, 05:12 PM

WOW! a recycle tip for used dryer sheets. I like it! gauranteed I'll use that one. I allways have thought throwing them away after one use was wasteful.
Old 02-19-2007, 07:15 PM

I would recommend "256 Fat Quarter Quilt Patterns". Great book with lots of patterns AND step-by-step directions. Found it on Amazon for $14 which is much less than other sites.
Retired 2 years ago and hooked on quilting and sewing for my home.
Drapes, duvets, dust ruffles, slip covers. LOVE my time with my sewing machine.

Old 02-20-2007, 09:16 AM

Hi Melissa,

I have found wonderfully simple yet beautiful free quilt patterns @ www.quilterscache.com. I am always looking for free patterns and have found many by typing in the search area, "Free Quilt Patterns" You will find many great sites.
I grew up playing under the quilt frames that hung from my grandmother's ceiling and quilts have always had a special place in my heart. I started pieceing seriously about 2 years ago when I took a class on "quilt as you go". WoW! I love this method. If you haven't tried this method, do it. It is simple, fun and fast. You don't have to pay someone else to quilt it for you either. I hope you find the pattern you are looking for.

Grammie of Twins, Beth
Old 02-20-2007, 11:43 AM

If you go to FreeQuiltPatterns.com, you can go forever with quilt patterns. I get lost there every time I go there. There are so many beautiful patterns you can pick and choose. I hope you give it a try.
[email protected]