Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 4 5

Thread: Search for extremely easy quilt patterns

Found my next baby quilt patterns! Thank you so much!

Now I have a couple different ones in mind. I can make one of those sew and chops and then one of these. They are so darling!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mpeters1200
    Do any of you guys know where I can find extremely easy quilt patterns. I am looking for patterns that are beginner level, but have shortcuts or something as my time is limited with 3 little ones at home. I look through quilt magazines and I've been to just a few sites, but it all looks so daunting. The only patterns I've done are four patches and rail fence. Do you guys have any ideas??

Thanks in advance,

Melissa
    try these u-tube vids
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOWSp...eature=channel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekYpJ...eature=related

does anyone have a truning 20 pattern they can share with my wife.

There are 2 tutorials here for very simple quilts. One is based on jelly rolls & one is a sew & chop. Both were very satisfying to make.

Blog Entries
    I go to Moda Bake Shop for modern easy quilt patterns.

http://www.modabakeshop.com/

Blog Entries
    PM me regarding the Turning 20 pattern.

I used the freequilts.com website and found an easy pattern using 10 1/2" squares. I think it was from Claudia's Quilt Shop. The pattern is called, "Big Blocks." I can work on it from start to finish in about 2-3 days time. It's very simple.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Norah
    Melissa, while your kids are little, trace their hand on a piece of paper. I made a hand quilt where I machine appliqued the handprints in different fabrics with their names on them. I had my whole family, including my parents, my children and husband and even me, siblings, their spouses and their children. I made it for my sister out of fabric from her childhood outfits. It was a big hit, but my favorite part was looking at the very personalized handprints and remembering that person.
    What a neat idea, we did something like this for my youngest sons kindergarten teacher, all the children traced their hand with a crayon, and then colored them. They were all given a 12" block and they only thing we insisted on was that they traced their hand, and some of them were very creative, then we helped them spell their names on them. It turned out great, and she loved it.

Blog Entries
    I stumbled on Eleanor Burns, Quilting guru, when I started making quilts. Her instructions are well planned, step by step and easy to follow! I buy almost all of my quilt books second hand as I am on a fixed income. Try Goodwill Stores and any other second-hand book stores. The easiest pattern I found was Eleanor's Irish chain pattern. Her products are listed online at 'quiltinaday.com'. I have also had much luck on alibris.com. They have nearly every book ever printed, and the prices start at $1.99! Good luck and may the quilting bug bite you gently. lol!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 4 5