Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Search for extremely easy quilt patterns >

Search for extremely easy quilt patterns

Search for extremely easy quilt patterns

Old 03-13-2007, 08:31 PM

Yellow brick road is probably the easiest quilt pattern I can think of to begin with. The cost is nominal and is made by Atkinson. Pattern comes with instructions on fabric amounts, cutting, assembly. Gives directions for I believe 3 or 4 different sizes. It goes together easily and quickly. Can coordinate or go totally scrappy. At first I tried to find it free online-no can do. Being forced to buy the pattern was probably good because it gives easy reference and better illustrations than the pictures I found. Hope this helps.
Carmen
Old 03-14-2007, 05:03 PM

Hi there, Please, tell me what a "Turning Twenty" quilt is! Sure sounds like fun. I am brand new to this site and just happened to read your post. I've even visited the site you told someone about and got a free quilt pattern from there. Will have to hit the fabric stores tomorrow. Looking forward to hearing from you. Thank you in advance. MS
Old 03-14-2007, 06:37 PM

There are actually 3 patterns in the Turn Twenty line these days. The original is Turn Twenty, then came Turning Twenty Again and the newest is Turn Twenty Around the Block. These patterns use 20 fat quarters (the newest pattern has some variations in the yardage) and the top can be put together in an afternoon. Very quick. I have made Turn Twenty... you have large pieces of fabric and the blocks are huge. The other 2 patterns have more pieces to the blocks. Haven't made either of them yet, but will.

Here is the Turn Twenty I made last year.... it is an Easter quilt...

Barb C

Attached Thumbnails attachment-64099.jpe  
Old 03-14-2007, 06:38 PM

I meant to add, do a google search for Turn Twenty or Tricia Cribbs (the designer) to see the pattern. Barb C.
Old 03-15-2007, 12:38 AM
HJ

[code][ :)

What a great web-site I found you all on tonight, actually this AM. Learned so many wonderful things. Now, if my chronic fatigue syndrome would abate, I could really quilt away. Doubt it will, since I have had it since 1960's. Buy, hey, no pity parties for me. 8) Usually, I use the easier patterns andI use a larger seam allowance than the 1/4 inch, on all my quilts. Happy Quilting from western SD. :)
Old 03-15-2007, 04:06 AM

To BARB C. - Your Easter quilt is beautiful and I thank you for sharing it with me. I will be looking forward to buying my fat quarters today, as my favorite fabric store is having a sale on the fats. Guess the dishes and laundry will have to wait, again. Thanks so much.. :-) MS
Old 03-15-2007, 04:17 AM

I like the pattern. what type of quilting do you do? An all over design like stippling or something with an actual pattern to it? The colors look good too :!:
Old 03-15-2007, 04:23 AM

Turning twenty is a great pattern to buy. It has been out for a long while, can be made in various sizes. It calls for fat quarters but you can use what ever fabrics you have in your stash. It looks like an easy one to just copy but if you are a new quilter get the real thing its a lot easier.
another way to go is your public library or buy a magazine. There are easy quilting magazines out there, and you end up with several patterns for the price of one.
Turning twenty has come out with a new variation called turning twenty again.
Old 03-15-2007, 07:19 AM

Originally Posted by vicki reno
I like the pattern. what type of quilting do you do? An all over design like stippling or something with an actual pattern to it? The colors look good too :!:

I think an all over free motion pattern would be great for any of the Turn Twenty quilts. I haven't learned to do free motion yet... that is one of the goals for this year. So when I did mine last year, I quilted a straight line grid. The large squares of bunny fabric have the grid on the diagonal. Everything else has it straight. It took a bit of time to do it this way, but I am please with the outcome.

Barb C
Old 03-15-2007, 08:31 AM
Boo

Ruth made a great point about magazines. I have many years worth of quilt magazines, but still find myself looking and some times purchasing more. If you are looking for easy, there are a couple that are devoted to that subject. One that comes to mind is "Quick Quilts." Spend some time at the magazine section of the grocery store or drug store and I am sure you will find more. Make sure to look through them to see if the instructions are clear enough for you to follow. For anywhere from $5 to $7 you will find a magazine with many patterns and ideas for future projects. :lol: Be careful, though, magazine collecting can be habit forming. :roll: