Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 17 ... LastLast

Thread: To See If Anybody is Interested - US and International Round Robin III

Patti, no worries with you jumping in to answer questions. I really appreciate it. Right now I have a limited amount of time on the computer due to things that need to be done in the house, so THANK YOU for jumping in for me.
    No, I wouldn't tell you to shut up, either on the board or in a PM. If I were to tell you, I'd do it in person, then steal your stash. hehe

And yes, ya'll. The fabric sizes for centers AND borders will be the same as the past years, so no worries.

I'll be taking names/addys for this in a couple of weeks, so keep the ideas going and get your centers started so all you'll need to do is wait for the mailing time.

when will the first mailing date be? Any idea? WOuld love to do this but will need some time and am away all of August.

I'm away most of Aug too, the first page said not till Sept right?

My center is all picked out and fused together. I just need to do some machine applique and I'm all set! Can't wait for this to start so we can see everyone's center's

Blog Entries
    Thats what Terri indicated at the beginning of the thread...The mail date won't be until sometime in September.

Terri...girl...anytime you wanna come here to give me the slap..just load up and come on...our guest bed is in my sewing room with my stash...hmmmm...better rethink that in your case :wink: :lol:

Patti, you are taking a chance there with your stash.

I know what I amdoing whenshe comes over to see me next year Ha ha ha ha

Quote Originally Posted by vbourck
    when will the first mailing date be? Any idea? WOuld love to do this but will need some time and am away all of August.
    Yes, a solid starting date would be good to know. I wasn't going to join, but this is so hard to pass up. I think I'd be kicking myself if I skipped it. I have 2 centers in mind. My first choice is all applique and before I get started on it, I'd need to make sure I have enough time to get it done. It all depends on the mailing date.

Thanks for hosting this, Terri! It's going to be so much fun!

ok yes I am in!! I would like to stay in the US but if needed I will try international(with help on forms).

I wanted to find a panel for my center but how would I go about that with the size requirements??

I have watched the RRII pictures since they started and am in awe of the quilts that are appearing. I am so intimidated to participate but I really want a beautiful quilt like those.

So put me down as interested and if I can keep my confidence up and think I can keep the schedule that is set up I will commit when you have everything together.

Oh, and thank you so much for hosting this. I know it takes a lot of time.

Patti...I just might take you up on that, watch out!
    Elle...You have a cute little doggie too! I'm sure pup will fit in suitcase if quilts don't. lol

Ok, First Mailing Date WILL BE SEPTEMBER 15th. Will keep the dates the same as the one going on now. That way, no one will be confused if the accidentally hit on the wrong thread for rules/instructions/dates.

Patti, Just wait till you meet this cute little puppy. Ha ha you most definately wonīt want to take it home. Its the noisiest most disobedient dog ever. the other two are precious but this one i jsut canīt train.

Elle

Quote Originally Posted by STAR
    ok yes I am in!! I would like to stay in the US but if needed I will try international(with help on forms).

I wanted to find a panel for my center but how would I go about that with the size requirements??
    Star, just make a panel up, using 4 12" blocks, then add a border, Do an applique, or buy a 24 " panel. All of these were used before on these rounds and worked beautifully.

thanx for the suggestions, so the center would be 24" or 24.5"?

and Sept.15th will be when we mail our centers?

Sign me up. I would love to be in a round robin. I have been watching these groups and there are some very talented quilters in the board.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by STAR
    thanx for the suggestions, so the center would be 24" or 24.5"?

and Sept.15th will be when we mail our centers?
    Your center would be 24.5" unfinished. Always remember that the dimensions that we discuss on the RR's are generally "finished" dimensions.

Yes...Terri said....SEPTEMBER 15 is the MAIL DATE for centers.

Terri...don't you bring that "misbehavin' puppy to MY house!! I've got enough of those already here!! And that one doesn't EVEN speak English!!!

Quote Originally Posted by tlrnhi
    Ok, First Mailing Date WILL BE SEPTEMBER 15th. Will keep the dates the same as the one going on now. That way, no one will be confused if the accidentally hit on the wrong thread for rules/instructions/dates.
    Thanks for the date confirmation, Terri. I still have two more tops to add to for the current IRR so I'll shelve the applique idea. I'll keep it in mind for IRR IV. :mrgreen: Not to get too far ahead of the game or anything, lol. I'll do a pieced block for my center this time. Now to figure out which one . . . .

I'm a touch slow tonight. Which dates are we using?

Quote Originally Posted by bookworm
    I'm a touch slow tonight. Which dates are we using?
    September 15, 2010 is the due date for our centers.
    If you look at IRR 2, there is a post for the due dates...Terri is using those for IRR 3.

I'm interested in this swap. I was too slow to get in the last one.

Folks, I'm going to have to bow out. I loved seeing IRR2 develop, and was really looking forward to this... Timing just isn't working out for me right now. Perhaps next year, if you're still doing it.

Have fun! The excitement in this thread is so beautiful already.

I just found out I will be moving and have to withdraw from the rr.
    Sorry to miss out. Maybe next time.
    Maggie

Ok I'm losing it. I know the first one goes out Sept 15th and then the next round is 2 months after that? I have gone through the IRR II and can't seem to see the dates... Mind you with the day I'm having its all a blur to me right now. So we would ship things Nov, Jan, Apr, June, & August? is that right?

Quote Originally Posted by Ripped on Scotch
    Ok I'm losing it. I know the first one goes out Sept 15th and then the next round is 2 months after that? I have gone through the IRR II and can't seem to see the dates... Mind you with the day I'm having its all a blur to me right now. So we would ship things Nov, Jan, Apr, June, & August? is that right?
    That sounds about right. Shipping dates are the 15th every 2 months... November would be just before the Christmas rush and then the remaining shipping dates would also be "holiday free".
    Did I get this right Terri?

I am so excited for this one, it will be a challenge for me since I dont have access to a fabric store. I might have to go out on the German economy and ask around. But if you have 2 months to complete it I can always order online if I don't have it in my stash.

Anyone have ideas for their center yet?

Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 17 ... LastLast