Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: To See If Anybody is Interested - US and International Round Robin III

Which set of rules are we to go by? I looked at the rules for round robin and row robin? i'm alittle confused myself.

Quote Originally Posted by purplesharon
    Which set of rules are we to go by? I looked at the rules for round robin and row robin? i'm alittle confused myself.
    Round robin.

I'm excited also. I have started my center but need your guys opinion. I'm doing a trapunto flower basket center. I have marked it for quilting and have done the trapunto with the disolving thread. Now, it isn't anything really pretty to look at yet because it is a solid color with quilting marks and big puffs but it is a beautiful color. I was going to let everyone else add the accent colors, etc. Does that sound ok???

Oh also is there a list of participants yet? I know Teri has been busy so I was just wondering.

Thanks everyone!

Blog Entries
    Okay, I have to jump into this one. It sounds like so much fun. Guess I need to get busy and figure out a center.

Here is the sign up for the IRRII which is almost finished. You might find this info useful to read until the instructions are put out for this years IRR.
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-22682-1.htm

Quote Originally Posted by susiequilt
    Here is the sign up for the IRRII which is almost finished. You might find this info useful to read until the instructions are put out for this years IRR.
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-22682-1.htm

This is in the RR II and if we are going to follow their dates, here they are with the exception of the centers mailing date, ours being: "September 15, 2010 is the due date for our centers.."

Round Size Mailing Date

Centers Owners discretion OCT 15, 2009

Per posted rules

__________________________________________________ ____________________________

Round 1 3 , Finished DEC 1, 2009

Round 2 5, Finished FEB 15, 2010

Round 3 6 Finished APRIL 15, 2010

Round 4 7 Finished JUNE 15, 2010

Round 5 8 Finished AUG. 15, 2010

Are you sure that's right. I thought if we mailed the centers Sept. 15 the first round would be mailed Nov. 15.

Blog Entries
    You ladies are excited aren't you???? :lol: :lol: Why don't you give Terri a little bit of time to figure this out and then I'm sure she will post every detail that you all need. At this point...all you really need to know is this-

Make your center whatever size you would like up to 24"..
    Your 1st mail date will be September 15th....

Please slow down, take a breath and give Terri an opportunity to figure out the best way to set this up for you all. This thread was really just to see if there was interest in the activity. She will be posting a sign up thread later...and then...she will figure out the groups and post all the detailed instructions.

I'm sorry, Sandpat. You are right. I don't mean to rush her. Thanks for calming me down!!

Blog Entries
    Its fine Carsey...we all get excited but there is a lot of work to set this up and it does take time (I did it last year so I know). Terri already told us that she has some commitments for the next few weeks that keep her from starting. Also...IRR2 has not finished and won't until August 15...this one can't start until that one is over...so, just smile, take your time and enjoy working on your center and you'll get all the other details soon.

As they say...Patience my friend, patience... :lol: :lol:

Quote Originally Posted by sandpat
    You ladies are excited aren't you???? :lol: :lol: Why don't you give Terri a little bit of time to figure this out and then I'm sure she will post every detail that you all need. At this point...all you really need to know is this-

Make your center whatever size you would like up to 24"..
    Your 1st mail date will be September 15th....

Please slow down, take a breath and give Terri an opportunity to figure out the best way to set this up for you all. This thread was really just to see if there was interest in the activity. She will be posting a sign up thread later...and then...she will figure out the groups and post all the detailed instructions.
    hahaha :) I feel like we are all like little kids on xmas morning "can I open a present now, can I, can I, huh huh huh???" We really do need to take a deep breath and stop reacting to every thread posted.......just really hard.....this is soooo exciting!

I am soooo looking forward to this!!!

I am so in! Will be moving next month and will have to put in an address change, but am looking forward to participating. Have looked at past RR's and wow are they impressive! I'm so ready! Will watch for details.

I'm going to put together my center tomorrow night. I can't wait to see everyone's centers :) I've never done something like this before.

Thanks Patti.
    I was just ready to post what you posted.

Ladies, don't get ahead of yourselves. Just do your centers and don't worry about mailing dates and whatnot. You all know that the first date to mail will be Sept 15th, so that gives you a deadline to get the center done.

Since I didn't get any response (I know everyone is really excited about this RR) I am going to post it again. Thanks for everyones opinion.

I'm excited also. I have started my center but need your guys opinion. I'm doing a trapunto flower basket center. I have marked it for quilting and have done the trapunto with the disolving thread. Now, it isn't anything really pretty to look at yet because it is a solid color with quilting marks and big puffs but it is a beautiful color. I was going to let everyone else add the accent colors, etc. Does that sound ok???

Quote Originally Posted by vovoa
    Since I didn't get any response (I know everyone is really excited about this RR) I am going to post it again. Thanks for everyones opinion.

Don't overthink your center. If YOU like it, that's all that counts. I can pretty much guarantee, you'll love the final look of it once you get it back.

Banned
    Starting on my center !

Can we request to be in a group that has no international mailing?

Quote Originally Posted by rejenea
    If you aren't able to fund the international part of the mailing, I will put you mailing to someone within the US. That DOES NOT mean that there won't be someone in the group that lives abroad.
    Like I said before,,,it's hard on everyone to send internationally and it's usually ALWAYS the same people sending overseas/Canada in every swap. That's not the fair thing to do. Everyone has economic/money problems at times, even those that CAN afford the international shipping. So, for everyone to say they would prefer to ship to US addys only is hard.
    Another thing to remember is....international (Europe/Canada) HAVE to spend the extra money to ship, and they are not complaining about it. The only time the shipping gets really bad is when it's almost at the end of the "game" and the top is reaching a heavy weight and/or people have included extra items such as fat quarters (gifts to center owner) and whatnot.

***I'm not singling you out with quoting you, but I have had many, MANY pm's asking me this same question, so I thought I would put it on the thread.

Would it be possible for someone who has done the int'l shipping in the past, and been very successful in terms of time-of-ship and the pkg definitely getting to its destination to tell us EXACTLY what they did? (When we get closer to the time of starting this RR, of course) I do a lot of seed trading internationally, and would be happy to ship that way, but have found that it helps to know EXACTLY what to note on the pkgs, and how much to insure for, etc. I have found that it pays to know these things (gift or not, value, etc) to avoid it being held up at customs, or slowed down for extra processing by the mail service. :-D

We have always told everyone who is shipping internationally/Canada to always mark the Customs Forms as GIFT. Then to make the value no more than $20 as the amount. That way, Duty Tax isn't paid by the recipient. The ONLY people I know of that have had problems getting their packages are those in Canada. Haven't heard of anyone in Europe are having any problems.

What I have always done is....
    I check GIFT.
    I check the block that says RETURN TO SENDER if not deliverable (it's on the right side of the form)
    I put the description as FABRIC and put $20 as the amount.

I've never had any problem sending this way. Ok, I did have one problem sending from Guam to West Virginia where the recipient was charged a duty tax. Apparently the postmaster there didn't know that Guam is a Territory of the US and there is NO duty tax to be collected. I had put the amount of the description as $500 only because of the insurance that was put on the package.
    That was the ONLY time I had ever had a problem or heard of a problem when I shipped a package.

Quote Originally Posted by tlrnhi
    Quote Originally Posted by rejenea
    If you aren't able to fund the international part of the mailing, I will put you mailing to someone within the US. That DOES NOT mean that there won't be someone in the group that lives abroad.
    Like I said before,,,it's hard on everyone to send internationally and it's usually ALWAYS the same people sending overseas/Canada in every swap. That's not the fair thing to do. Everyone has economic/money problems at times, even those that CAN afford the international shipping. So, for everyone to say they would prefer to ship to US addys only is hard.
    Another thing to remember is....international (Europe/Canada) HAVE to spend the extra money to ship, and they are not complaining about it. The only time the shipping gets really bad is when it's almost at the end of the "game" and the top is reaching a heavy weight and/or people have included extra items such as fat quarters (gifts to center owner) and whatnot.

***I'm not singling you out with quoting you, but I have had many, MANY pm's asking me this same question, so I thought I would put it on the thread.
    In order to be fair I must unfortunately remove myself from this round robin. Sorry for any inconvenience. I should have checked into this at the beginning. So, I believe I will stick to the swaps because of the smaller packages. I will still follow the link to see how everyone's tops turn out. Have fun everyone and thanks a lot for all your help. :thumbup:

I plan on selling (try) some patterns and fabric that I don't really want to help me pay for postage in this swap ;) and If I can find some time maybe even some simple quilt tops for cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by tlrnhi
    We have always told everyone who is shipping internationally/Canada to always mark the Customs Forms as GIFT. Then to make the value no more than $20 as the amount. That way, Duty Tax isn't paid by the recipient. The ONLY people I know of that have had problems getting their packages are those in Canada. Haven't heard of anyone in Europe are having any problems.

What I have always done is....
    I check GIFT.
    I check the block that says RETURN TO SENDER if not deliverable (it's on the right side of the form)

I put the description as FABRIC and put $20 as the amount.

I've never had any problem sending this way. Ok, I did have one problem sending from Guam to West Virginia where the recipient was charged a duty tax. Apparently the postmaster there didn't know that Guam is a Territory of the US and there is NO duty tax to be collected. I had put the amount of the description as $500 only because of the insurance that was put on the package.
    That was the ONLY time I had ever had a problem or heard of a problem when I shipped a package.
    Thanks! Looking forward to this starting!

Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 ... LastLast