Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: To See If Anybody is Interested - US and International Round Robin III

Quote Originally Posted by M.I.Late
    That's what I was going to suggest - if you have coordinating fabric include a swatch of it - let them know how much you have and have them PM you or if local enough call you, if they want you to send it to them. This way it's available to them, but if it's not needed or desired for what they have in mind the extra postage is not being incurred.
    Thank you everyone for the advice and information. As a newbie to this was just wondering how this has been handled in the past. I'll plan on letting folks in my group now the fabric is available....just say the word. Including swatches sounds like an excellent idea. Thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by tlrnhi
    I should have everything "ironed" out by the end of next week. Can't promise tho, but I'm trying. Look for a new thread for signups by August 1. That will be when I will take everyone's name/email and such. Should also have all the rules/regs out with it
    I'm on vacation durning that time!! Oh Gosh!! I don't want to miss the sign up so please make sure you save room for me!!! Please!!! I'll try and sign up as soon as I can but I have no access to computer on vacation. Thanks Andrea

If you are DEFINITELY sure you want to join, PM me your info...home addy, e-mail and phone number (just in case we need to get in touch with you in a hurry..your number will not be sold to solicitors) and I'll hold your name to the side.

Quote Originally Posted by abonda
    I should have everything "ironed" out by the end of next week. Can't promise tho, but I'm trying. Look for a new thread for signups by August 1. That will be when I will take everyone's name/email and such. Should also have all the rules/regs out with it
    I'm on vacation durning that time!! Oh Gosh!! I don't want to miss the sign up so please make sure you save room for me!!! Please!!! I'll try and sign up as soon as I can but I have no access to computer on vacation. Thanks Andrea

Tlrnhi is that for all of us or just abonda because she is going to be gone?

OK. I think that I will use this for my center with it being on point. Now, do I measure 24 x 24 from point to point or side to side . I added a note that I hope explains what I am talking about. Thanks for your help!!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    Carsey, are you gonna add the corners to that piece or are you just going to send it on its way and let the next person put it on point for you? (beautiful piece by the way) :D

Right now, I am only asking for Abonda's addy since she said she wouldn't be around when I put out for actual signups. I should have done that in a PM to her, but was getting ready to head out the door, so I wasn't thinking clearly.

STAY TUNED FOR THE SIGN UP THREAD

I can't wait to start :) I'm sending a center made of four card trick blocks for you guys to play with.

Quote Originally Posted by sandpat
    Carsey, are you gonna add the corners to that piece or are you just going to send it on its way and let the next person put it on point for you? (beautiful piece by the way) :D
    I thought I would send it off as it is because if I add the border, it will take away from the pattern to keep it at 24 x 24. Also, can you tell me how I need to measure it. Thanks for your expertise!!!!

Your center will have to become square, meaning someone will have to add the corners to it.

Does anyone have any objection to sending to australia, I would really like to join, but am thinking about the postage issue for you all. I'm currently doing santa block swap, and postage from here to usa is huge, but I think it would be so much fun. Looking forward to hearing from you.

Don't think anyone would mind sending to Australia. There have been a few ladies on the board that have participated in the RR's, so no worries....join away!

OK. Will send a pm as soon as I get home. Thanks all.

Quote Originally Posted by lindyline
    Does anyone have any objection to sending to australia, I would really like to join, but am thinking about the postage issue for you all. I'm currently doing santa block swap, and postage from here to usa is huge, but I think it would be so much fun. Looking forward to hearing from you.
    I don't mind. It's much more fun to know my quilt is more of a world traveler than myself!

Just a bit excited now, sent my pm, and have started a centre. Will post pic when it's a little more than just an idea. Love the centres so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Carsey
    OK. I think that I will use this for my center with it being on point. Now, do I measure 24 x 24 from point to point or side to side . I added a note that I hope explains what I am talking about. Thanks for your help!!!!
    I'm in love with your fabric!

This is what I was thinking. What do you think??

My excitement about joining this RR is having my quilt travel around the world! Please, please, please don't hestitate to join us because you're worried about the postage. What we all need to remember in the US is this......we might have a few postages that are higher because our quilts going out of the country......all of yours (probably) will be! I hope you join...I love your work and would be honored to have you work on my quilt! By the way......love your block!

I'm game. I would love to have you in my group!!

This is what I was thinking. What do you think??
    Nice Asian inspiration!

Quote Originally Posted by rejenea
    Can we request to be in a group that has no international mailing?
    If you aren't able to fund the international part of the mailing, I will put you mailing to someone within the US. That DOES NOT mean that there won't be someone in the group that lives abroad.
    Like I said before,,,it's hard on everyone to send internationally and it's usually ALWAYS the same people sending overseas/Canada in every swap. That's not the fair thing to do. Everyone has economic/money problems at times, even those that CAN afford the international shipping. So, for everyone to say they would prefer to ship to US addys only is hard.
    Another thing to remember is....international (Europe/Canada) HAVE to spend the extra money to ship, and they are not complaining about it. The only time the shipping gets really bad is when it's almost at the end of the "game" and the top is reaching a heavy weight and/or people have included extra items such as fat quarters (gifts to center owner) and whatnot.

***I'm not singling you out with quoting you, but I have had many, MANY pm's asking me this same question, so I thought I would put it on the thread.
    In order to be fair I must unfortunately remove myself from this round robin. Sorry for any inconvenience. I should have checked into this at the beginning. So, I believe I will stick to the swaps because of the smaller packages. I will still follow the link to see how everyone's tops turn out. Have fun everyone and thanks a lot for all your help. :thumbup:
    Because I brought this up in the main section I thought it only right I finish it here. So... to be short and sweet, my beautiful sister is paying for all my postage so that I can have and 'international' quilt. I don't have a quilt because I give them all away. This will be my Christmas/birthday/etc present from her.

I'm done. I promise not to bounce any more. Can't wait.

Can we request to be in a group that has no international mailing?
    If you aren't able to fund the international part of the mailing, I will put you mailing to someone within the US. That DOES NOT mean that there won't be someone in the group that lives abroad.
    Like I said before,,,it's hard on everyone to send internationally and it's usually ALWAYS the same people sending overseas/Canada in every swap. That's not the fair thing to do. Everyone has economic/money problems at times, even those that CAN afford the international shipping. So, for everyone to say they would prefer to ship to US addys only is hard.
    Another thing to remember is....international (Europe/Canada) HAVE to spend the extra money to ship, and they are not complaining about it. The only time the shipping gets really bad is when it's almost at the end of the "game" and the top is reaching a heavy weight and/or people have included extra items such as fat quarters (gifts to center owner) and whatnot.

***I'm not singling you out with quoting you, but I have had many, MANY pm's asking me this same question, so I thought I would put it on the thread.
    In order to be fair I must unfortunately remove myself from this round robin. Sorry for any inconvenience. I should have checked into this at the beginning. So, I believe I will stick to the swaps because of the smaller packages. I will still follow the link to see how everyone's tops turn out. Have fun everyone and thanks a lot for all your help. :thumbup:
    Because I brought this up in the main section I thought it only right I finish it here. So... to be short and sweet, my beautiful sister is paying for all my postage so that I can have and 'international' quilt. I don't have a quilt because I give them all away. This will be my Christmas/birthday/etc present from her.

I'm done. I promise not to bounce any more. Can't wait.
    Great!! Glad you are joining us. You have a wonderful sister!!

Ok, I am new here, but would love to participate in a Round Robin. Do I just keep watching and see when it starts? If this is all it takes, then sign me up.....Can't wait!

Right now, I am only asking for Abonda's addy since she said she wouldn't be around when I put out for actual signups. I should have done that in a PM to her, but was getting ready to head out the door, so I wasn't thinking clearly.

STAY TUNED FOR THE SIGN UP THREAD
    Do you will post the link for the sign up thread in this threat? because im a little bit afraid that i will pass this threat. :roll:

Yesterday I print out the pattern for my center, and tomorrow i will start sewing but im still thinking about the colours ;)

Blog Entries
    Winnona, I'm sure you won't miss it and when Terri compiles the list, I'm sure she will flip through this thread to see if there is anybody missed.

For the center that is on point...measure from side to side, but it will have to have corners added to it to make it "square". I would highly recommend that it happen in the 1st round...no later than the 2nd or your quilt will end up big enough to cover your house! That is unless you want to add the corners yourself and have that be your center...(the center as shown=on point with corners added to make it square)

Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 ... LastLast