Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Sew Perfect table >

Sew Perfect table

Sew Perfect table

Old 01-20-2012, 10:30 AM

Nice table!!! Thanks for the info. I too was just looking at tables last night while figuring up moving into another room and they're expensive!
Old 01-21-2012, 06:28 PM

I love mine too!!!! its the best
Old 01-24-2012, 09:20 AM

For those you of that have this table, do you have the "Original" table with the acrylic insert, or the "J" table that is made specifically for the Janome. If you have the one with the acrylic insert, could you tell me how far to the right of the opening your machine sits and what the measurents are as far as from the needle to the left of the table and the right side of the machine to the right of the table. I would also like these measurements for those that have the J table.

Also, if you have the one with the acrylic insert, how do you like sewing on that surface and the "see through" aspect of it?

I am ready to buy one...just trying to decide on the "original" or the "J". I am also considering buying the front extension. Does anyone have that?

Thanks!

Last edited by Denise S; 01-24-2012 at 09:23 AM.
Old 01-24-2012, 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by Denise S View Post
For those you of that have this table, do you have the "Original" table with the acrylic insert, or the "J" table that is made specifically for the Janome. If you have the one with the acrylic insert, could you tell me how far to the right of the opening your machine sits and what the measurents are as far as from the needle to the left of the table and the right side of the machine to the right of the table. I would also like these measurements for those that have the J table.

Also, if you have the one with the acrylic insert, how do you like sewing on that surface and the "see through" aspect of it?

I am ready to buy one...just trying to decide on the "original" or the "J". I am also considering buying the front extension. Does anyone have that?

Thanks!
I have the Janome model, partly because it's cheaper and they are both the same size. My machine fits into the cutout perfectly and looks great. I do not have the extension but may get one in the future. I took measurements for you. From the right of the cutout to the edge of the table is 5". From the left of the cutout to the left edge of the table is 24" or 28" from the needle. 4" from the front of the cutout to the table edge and 9" from the back . Hope this helps. You will love this table.
Old 01-24-2012, 02:08 PM

Unhappy

As far as I know (did lots of googling etc), we've got nothing like this in the U.K.
Annie
Old 01-24-2012, 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
As far as I know (did lots of googling etc), we've got nothing like this in the U.K.
Annie
I think this started out as a man making them in his garage type of thing. Not sure, but thats my guess. When you call the number, the man who makes them answers the phone, or his wife does.
Old 01-27-2012, 08:45 PM

Thank you so much for the dimensions, this helps me a lot. My Juki is 17 inches wide ( 2 less inches than the Janome) I may call the and ask the owner if he could modify the opening from 19 inches wide to 17 inches wide so I can have 2 extra inches of surface on the left side instead of 2 inches of empty space on the right side.

This week I was considering the original with the acrylic cutout, but I really like the cleaner look of the J table better. And like you said it is the same size and cheaper. I am sure the J table will be great even if he doesn't modify it for me. My husband is a machinist and he could put a spacer in the left side, making it flush with the surface, That way my machine can sit all the way to the right of the opening, therefore giving my 2 extra inches of surface on the left.

All this is because I would like the front extension table attached so it is flush with the left side, so I want all the room I can get to have room to sit in front of my needle without being to cramped next to the left extension. Not sure if you understand what I am trying to explain.

I will let you know what I eventually get. And I am sure I will love it, expecially the height adjustment...I am 5'1"...looking forward to a lower sewing level.

Originally Posted by feffertim View Post
I have the Janome model, partly because it's cheaper and they are both the same size. My machine fits into the cutout perfectly and looks great. I do not have the extension but may get one in the future. I took measurements for you. From the right of the cutout to the edge of the table is 5". From the left of the cutout to the left edge of the table is 24" or 28" from the needle. 4" from the front of the cutout to the table edge and 9" from the back . Hope this helps. You will love this table.