Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Sew Steady SST-LA 15x16 Ruler Base for Longarm machines >

Sew Steady SST-LA 15x16 Ruler Base for Longarm machines

Sew Steady SST-LA 15x16 Ruler Base for Longarm machines

Old 12-23-2019, 10:04 PM

Default Sew Steady SST-LA 15x16 Ruler Base for Longarm machines

Here is a link to view the product:
https://www.moores-sew.com/shop/long...by-sew-steady/

I recently purchased an APQS Lenni, and I would like to buy a base so that I can do ruler work. The Hartley Base expander is 11.75" x 11.75" and it costs $170. The Sew Steady ruler base is 15" x 16" and it costs $79.

Has anyone purchased one of these for their machine? If so, then will you please provide a review?

Thank you!

Jill
Old 12-24-2019, 04:11 AM

Without taking my ruler base out of its box this morning, 15 x 16 seems large to me...If I recall, Lenni has an 18” quilting space so I would make sure that the ruler base size gives you plenty of room to move around within your frame rails. Hope this makes sense.
Old 12-24-2019, 05:07 AM

I have one, can't remember the brand, but it's roughly 12" wide and goes the length of my machine. I like it a lot! I can't see an advantage to having it be larger. You do lose a couple of inches of quilting space because it extends out in front of your machine. I have a wooden frame, so just drilled new holes for my front pole to give me the original quilting area that I started out with...this is because I leave it on all of the time, many of my quilts are a mix of ruler work and free hand, and it was a pain to remove it and put it back on many rimes for one quilt.

Last edited by donna13350; 12-24-2019 at 05:12 AM. Reason: clarification
Old 12-24-2019, 01:23 PM

Thank you for your advice. I haven't received Lenni yet. He is on the delivery truck heading my way now.

I sent a message to Sew Steady to ask if this base could me made to fit my machine, and they said that it could.

I sent them another message to ask if I could order a custom size, and I haven't received a response yet. I will let you know what I find out.

Jill
Old 12-25-2019, 11:50 AM

I own the Juki Long Arm and while at the Road To California show I ordered a base for ruler work from Moore's based out of California. I don't know if this is the same company and the one advertising the Sew Steady base. The only problem I encountered is the needle plate pulls out and so the base has to be removed when changing the bobbin case. (I'm sorry but I've had shoulder surgery and not used the LA recently and this is from memory.). I would call Moore's directly. They are really helpful and answered my questions. It did take like 6 weeks to get the base. Good luck. The Sew Steady is linked to Moore's.
Old 12-25-2019, 07:50 PM

The nice thing with Sew Steady is that all their longer bases are custom made for the model of machine you have. I have used the base on another model and it works just fine. They will help by answering your questions.