Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Which sewing machine for doing a queen size quilt? >

Which sewing machine for doing a queen size quilt?

Which sewing machine for doing a queen size quilt?

Old 07-28-2011, 03:15 PM

After months of debating, researching, and finally deciding I was going to get the Juki Exceed 600 Quilting & Pro, I left this morning to go to our local shop. They were having Christmas in July, and I knew I wanted to make my decision today. So, I get there and ask for the lady that has been helping me, over the phone. I asked her about the Juki, and we could only find the lower one, so I asked her about the Babylock Quest Pro. Those have been replaced by another machine, she tells me which I already knew that. So while she is gone checking on the Juki for me...I go over to the used machines and there sitting on the shelf is a Babylock Quest! Its the floor model. So when she comes back I ask about it. We take it down off the shelf and find the power cords and foot, and I test it. It works like a dream. Very nice stitches, and pretty quiet as well. The price is very good. Even better I can put it on layway. So I ask her well, since it is the Christmas in July special, how much less is it? She comes back and they knock another $100.00 off it. So now its down to 799.00. And now its on layaway in my name, and I am very excited to get it out!! Just a few weeks and I will be able to. By saving all this money and getting a floor model, it worked out much better.

Plus, it has everything it would have if new, all the feet, the table, etc. And comes with the same warranty. I am pretty happy.

So for all of you out there still looking, you will find your machine, and it might even be one completely different than you thought you were going to get. So, remember to try them all.