Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Sewing machine  Pfaff Passports >

Sewing machine Pfaff Passports

Sewing machine Pfaff Passports

Old 10-24-2019, 09:10 AM

Originally Posted by Three Dog Night View Post
I just bought Passport 2 and love the way it sews. I bought it primarily to take to class as my Performance 5 is to heavy and bulky to lift in and out of my car (or is it that I am just getting to old). I even used it for finishing the panels on my Angela Atwood Jewel Box quilt and worked as well as my Performance even though the throat is smaller. This is my 4th Pfaff that I have purchased. I compared the Passport 3 and decided that the extra difference in cost just for the thread cutter and a few other stitches was not worth the extra money.

I hope you don't have any problems with it because I have had mine in the shop for 2 months. Finally last week they told me that the part needed for the passport 2 is no longer made. What??????? This machine was only used for retreats and sewing days with friends. It was one month from being 5 years old when I took it in to the shop. This is crazy when they are still selling the Passport 2.
Old 10-24-2019, 09:11 AM

Originally Posted by sewingpup View Post
I bought one a few years ago....I like it OK when it is working....but my passport 2 is possessed . It will sometimes "forget" the needle down and just start leaving the foot up....It also will not even sew at times....lights come on...nothing happens with the foot pedal or the start button. I can change settings and stitches...but no will sew at all. I turn it off, turn it on....will not sew. Then it will work fine....then it won't sew. then one day while I was scratching my head staring at it.....it took off at full speed and would not stop until I pulled the plug. I have brought it into the shop three times....and of course it works fine there....I use a surge protector with it....none of my other machines behave this way....I dunno...I want to get rid of it cuz I just don't trust it to bring to a class....but I don't want to sell a misbehaving machine.....
Did you see my post above? Get rid of it now before it gets worse and you can't get parts for it.