Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Sewing Parts Online??

Blog Entries

Sewing Parts Online??

Anyone order from this site. I placed an order on July 19, the money was taken from my account on July 20. They shipped on July 24. My tracking says its now in Fl. on Aug 1. Is this normal. Of course the one Brother store 4hrs. away from me didn't have the part.
    True4uca

Blog Entries
    I have ordered from them in the past, no problems. The postal system here slowed considerably after 9/11, in my opinion. Seems everything takes twice as long to arrive. Not sure about the FL routing!

Blog Entries
    Glad to hear you had no problems. It was a concern as it left Tn, went to Fl. and I live on the west coast of Canada.Guess it comes as indirectly as possible. LOL.
    True4uca

Blog Entries
    I am hoping you used a credit card though. you say the money was taken out of your account. Check with the store tomorrow if you can.
    "From hence only infer that an Englishman, of all men, ought not to despise foreigners as such and I think the inference is just, since what they are today, we were yesterday, and tomorrow they will be like us"
    Daniel De Foe -The True Englishman

Blog Entries
    Most companies take payment when they ship, I think.

I have purchased from them and received my part quickly...about 3 weeks as I live in Australia.I will definitely buy again as the communication was great.

Ifeel your pain, i just placed an order for some shoes on Tues. They have traveled from Mass. to Maine to Illinois, and are now in Indiana according to the tracking. I live in Pa. and could have driven in 4 hrs to Mass. and picked them up.

Shipping to Canada can be extremely slow, especially if it gets hung up in customs. Tracking isn't always up to date, especially if it's USPS.

I've ordered from them and had no problems and have gotten the parts quickly. Didn't bother to track so don't know where it went before it got here in Michigan.

Quote Originally Posted by true4uca View Post
    Anyone order from this site. I placed an order on July 19, the money was taken from my account on July 20. They shipped on July 24. My tracking says its now in Fl. on Aug 1. Is this normal. Of course the one Brother store 4hrs. away from me didn't have the part.
    There is www.sewingpartsdirect.com in my state---about 135 mi from me--they are so prompt that I receive orders next day in most cases. Is this the one you ordered from? If so and you don't get your order--I might have to drive down and give them a good talking to. LOL They are good folks to deal with. I'd say it might be your location & customs that cause the delay. USPS can be slooooow sometimes--but won't hurt to ck w/store.