Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Sewing or quilting shows on TV >

Sewing or quilting shows on TV

Sewing or quilting shows on TV

Old 08-03-2012, 05:15 PM

I am in central Arkansas and watch them on Saturday mornings on PBS.
I miss Alex as well. I miss the way she interacted with her guests.
Old 08-03-2012, 07:06 PM

My PBS is usually late so I manage to catch it infrequently. I quit with cable because all the shows were getting to be rude yelling or just stupid..So I also look online for info.
Old 08-04-2012, 04:02 AM

jeank, thanks so much for the 1/2 off code for QNN-TV. I've been wanting to join, but money is always tight. The $12.00 fee is great. Why don't you post a thread, so others will know and take advantage,since we don't have shows on tv anymore. Mawluv
Old 08-04-2012, 04:11 AM

I too agree about HGTV! Such expensive redoes!! Who can afford such?!! Used to watch Design on a Dime, etc. Still get HGTV but don't watch. Loved Carol Duvall. Only quilting/sewing shows I get are on PBS on early Sat. am....
Old 08-04-2012, 05:36 AM

If you have the right type TV now a days you can hook your computer to your TV and watch online TV shows. All my laptops have that capability. So did the last desktop I gave to my son.
Old 08-04-2012, 05:41 AM

The Quilting Art is what I enjoy the most. Although I will record whatever they have and save to view later if I'm not up that early in the morning.
Old 08-04-2012, 05:45 AM

[QUOTE=May in Jersey;5412396

Does anyone remember when This Old House did projects on small houses? My DH learned a lot from those old shows. Now they only do huge projects remodeling entire huge houses and there isn't anything that the average homeowner can learn to do themselves as there are always 'experts' doing the remodeling. What every happened to Do It Yourself?[/QUOTE]

This old house still plays on PBS on Direct TV Ch.16 out of SC. Its on right now.
Old 08-04-2012, 06:37 AM

I would love to be able to join QNNTV but they only process payments via Paypal and even though you try to pay with a credit or debit card it wants you to create a PayPal account which I will not do. I had my ID stolen about 2 years ago and I closed all such online accounts. I'm in the national database for 7 years renewal every 7 years if I want it to go pass that. If I can't pay for such a service directly with a credit card I won't purchase it. Fortunately for me my credit card companies are aggressive in informing us of suspicious activity on our cards and I was able to nip it in the butt so to speak early on and get myself in the national data base of ID theft and LEO involved.

Someone had opened a BUSINESS account in my name and was ordering computers and such and it being sent to another state and fortunately for me knowing investigative techniques knew how to track it all down and give it to local police who forwarded it to proper state and have myself put in the national data base.

Anyway I digress.......getting a $12 deal or even paying full price is just so not worth having this current info stolen.

I haven't had a paypal account for over 2 years and still every so often charges are made to one of my cards or attempts to and I have to have the CC reversed and a new one sent so I will never directly use paypal again and there attempt at trying to force me to open one is ludicrous IMO. Until QNN works it out allowing direct payment to them I will not be using there service.

It says you can do a one time payment with a credit card without registering with paypal although they would get there payment that way but when I get to end and input my info it requests that we put in a paypal password which will create an account with you. THANKS BUT NO THANKS.
Old 08-04-2012, 06:52 AM

Simply Quilts is what started me in quilting! HGTV seems to only cater to home purchasing, demolishing and remodeling. What ever happened to Carol Duvall?
Old 08-04-2012, 07:41 AM

I wonder too. Every time I see a sock monkey I think of her.

She showed a lot of dorky stuff too but she was always so darn nice. I recuperated frommany knee surgeries watching her and Alex.