Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Sewing Room - What CAN'T you live without? >

Sewing Room - What CAN'T you live without?

Sewing Room - What CAN'T you live without?

Old 07-25-2011, 12:38 PM

I also utilized the 6 ft. tables - have 4 - use 1 for storage of normal basement stuff and leave the other 3 next to each other for putting a quilt together or any other large job requiring a large working space. I just throw an old queen sheet over the top to keep it clean and I have a really large cutting mat that I can leave open so it is nice and flat when I need it. These tables are truly great for a number of jobs.
Old 07-25-2011, 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by miholmes
Good Afternoon,

My big change will be having a dedicated outlet for my iron...woohoo! But anything else you can suggested while I'm in the planning stages would be helpful. :)
I have plugged a surge protector into the wall..and then a lamp AND my iron into that. When I turn on the iron, the lamp comes on..and when I turn it off..the lamp goes off too. With one glance I can see if the iron is off. Lamp off=iron off.

I also love my home made Big board. Now if could just keep it CLEANED OFF! lolol
Old 07-25-2011, 01:55 PM

big cutting table with storage underneath
Old 07-26-2011, 06:42 AM

How much will you charge to come help me redesign my sewing room?????? Boy how I wish I could afford to have someone design a sewing studio for me like yours! I'm going to print out pictures and hang it on my wall as a hint for my hubby!!! Of course, HE still needs to get all his exercise equipment out of the corner first! Thanks for sharing! Your space it awesome!!!!!
Old 08-02-2011, 03:11 AM

good luck with remodel. Have fun
Old 08-02-2011, 04:19 AM
SEW

I have a similar layout of my tv room and sewing room and I love it! I can be near my family while they watch tv and still be available for conversation while I sew.

I have 2 sewing stations (piecing and quilting), a large drop leaf cutting table on wheels that can be moved to suit my needs. My design wall is smaller than most... 4'X4' , which allows me to get a feel for the design. For storage, I have one large open book case and I store my fabric in a large cabinet behind closed doors. I don't allow myself anymore fabric than can fit in the cabinet! Lighting is also very important, both in the sewing room and the tv room. I find that when I have a lot of hand work I end up in the tv room sitting on the couch watching tv! Have Fun :)
Old 08-02-2011, 04:19 AM
SEW

I have a similar layout of my tv room and sewing room and I love it! I can be near my family while they watch tv and still be available for conversation while I sew.

I have 2 sewing stations (piecing and quilting), a large drop leaf cutting table on wheels that can be moved to suit my needs. My design wall is smaller than most... 4'X4' , which allows me to get a feel for the design. For storage, I have one large open book case and I store my fabric in a large cabinet behind closed doors. I don't allow myself anymore fabric than can fit in the cabinet! Lighting is also very important, both in the sewing room and the tv room. I find that when I have a lot of hand work I end up in the tv room sitting on the couch watching tv! Have Fun :)
Old 08-02-2011, 05:43 AM

My room is too small for a large cutting table so have a drop leaf from Joanns. It is too tall for me so have to use a small stool to stand on.
I like the idea of the play mat to stand on but I have to have the stool. Also like the idea of a file cabinet. Mine is only two drawers so need to get a tall one so I can store patterns etc. instead of in notebooks.
Also like having my computer in my room so I can watch quilting shows while I work.
A ceiling fan is a must. A telephone. An extra chair for company.