Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Sewing Room...Would you show us right now? >

Sewing Room...Would you show us right now?

Sewing Room...Would you show us right now?

Old 10-31-2011, 01:07 PM

Originally Posted by Up North
Keep in mind my room is about 8x7 so quite small. I am being brave and showing you this.
My room is about the same size as yours .....guess what....looks just like your 'before' picture too!!!! :roll: :roll: :lol:
Old 10-31-2011, 01:14 PM

NOOOOOOOOOOOO WAY NOOOOOOOO HOW NEVER ROFL....NO ONE gets in that mess.
Old 10-31-2011, 01:16 PM

What an interesting thread. I love seeing other peoples sewing rooms. The great thing is when you see a quilt no one knows what state your room was in when you made it - they only see the beauty before their eyes. Quilters are amazing.
Old 10-31-2011, 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by vicki75
I saw a friend's blog and she posted pictures of her sewing room. She was all organized and neat. It made me think about my space. If I took pictures and shared I'm afraid people would die from all the clutter and mess. :D So it made me start to think....would I share pictures of what my space really looks like or would I tidy it up before showing anyone? Just curious if I'm the only slob... :shock:
Ditto!!!!! lol
Old 10-31-2011, 01:51 PM

I just want to thank all you ladies for sharing. I love all the pics of your rooms. The before's are great 'cause they let me know I'm NOT 'the only one'....and the after's are great for showing off your organizational talents....lots of ideas there and they come in handy. I have two rooms for crafting/sewing. I hated having my first sr open for view because it always seemed to be in 'before' status. Then when I'd finally get tired of looking at the 'before', I'd get it all nice and 'after' looking. The problem with that is, that when it's 'after' mode it would take me about 2mos. (or longer) to get into the mood again for sewing. After all, it would take about 4-5 hrs. just to get it into 'after' mode. So my wonderful DH finally got around to making me a sr in the basement w/a 4X8' formica covered cutting table he made with big cubicles underneath; there are two shelving units he made for junk/stuff that flank the egress window with a board he painted and placed under the window between the two shelving units. I wanted this so I could cut material and make my 'mess' down there w/o having to clean up and make the room 'presentable' when I'd finish a project. (wellllll, maybe not too many projects get finished, but the mess is still there) When I figure out my camera I will be happy to share. For now, please don't stop posting pics...I luv'em!!
Old 10-31-2011, 01:53 PM

P.S. in answer to the question....N F W!!!!
Old 10-31-2011, 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by grannie cheechee
Originally Posted by artfulsage
I recently completed moving my "studio" to a different room in my house. I have a longarm quilting machine and frame, so the room had to be organized to allow room to move around the frame.So, space was limited and so was my budget :))).
My nephew made a video for youtube. Here is the link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--7dOFxtYXE.
Let me know what you think.
Linda in GA
All I can say is, What a room!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WOW!!! I just watched the video and am very impressed. I am also a scrapbooker and would love to have a space like yours, big enough for all my crafting. I am sure that you will enjoy this for many years to come. You did a great job planning the organization of the room.
Old 10-31-2011, 01:54 PM

Right now it is a mess-I am sorting out fabric and found I had several of one fabric in different spots. I am trying to organize it and then keep it that way. LOL-

BTW-the tip on the comic book inserts to wind fabric is great-thanks-now my fabric at least stands up-even if I don't!!
Old 10-31-2011, 02:05 PM

Nope, you aren't alone. I have two rooms that look like a cyclone went through. I have 5 quilting friends that have seen it and one commented, "where do you find a place to sew?" I told her that is how it gets that way. I start a project and when I move on, that one gets put aside. Before you know it, there is nothing but as jumbled mess. Oh well, some day......maybe. I just want to be sewing and not spending all my time cleaning up! I am a hopeless messie.
Old 10-31-2011, 02:18 PM

I was very fortunate. Only lost 2 homemade pincushions. Just missed my Bernina. Now I have a space I absolutely love.