Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Sewing Room...Would you show us right now? >

Sewing Room...Would you show us right now?

Sewing Room...Would you show us right now?

Old 10-30-2011, 06:30 PM

What differance does it make if its tidy or not as long as you are enjoying life and where you are and what you are doing???????????????????? After all its YOURS !! Mine is mess right now redoing room and putting in closet for the cloth. Just have fun and enjoy life!
Old 10-30-2011, 06:32 PM

No!!! and it might take several months before I could push, pull, stash, trash and stuff stuff away!! before I could ever even think of considering!!! Drives my husband crazy!!
Old 10-30-2011, 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by smcfadden
A clean sewing room is the sign of a quilter who isn't sewing!
That's funny. After I repainted and reorganized this summer, I love having a clean space. Since early July, I have made and quilted 8 quilts. I spend 8 to 12 hrs a day working in my sewing room. And it's still clean.
Old 10-30-2011, 06:39 PM

I could do a 10 minute tidy and then explain that the huge pile on the antique desk is mending, alterations, and ironing to be done. It's not AWFUL, just crowded. Too much for the space since it's the only place in the house that I can KIND of keep away from the husband and kids.
Old 10-30-2011, 06:42 PM

Okay, I just took pictures of mine. I enjoy seeing other sewing rooms, but mine is just right for me. I envy the large rooms that many of you have, but I like my space.

I also took a picture of the "quilt" I have on my door. My sister made it for me. My computer, where I stop sewing often to read the board, is a laptop that sits on the shelf that slides under my sewing machine.

The chair is where I "display" my most recent quilt.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-279865.jpe   attachment-279867.jpe   attachment-279868.jpe  
Old 10-30-2011, 06:43 PM

Well my sewing room is organized, but I mess it up all the time. Then when I feel like I only have a path to and from the sewing machine, I have to stop and fix it. Sometimes it takes me all day to fix it. I have at least 8 quilts in different stages of cutting out. 3 of those are just in bags waiting to be cut. I have collected all the fabrics for them and I am just looking for the spot to cut them out. I have to stop counting now.......it hurts me that I can't just do them all now. I just found out that Thanksgiving has been moved to my house this year. SO MANY PROJECTS......SO LITTLE TIME.
Old 10-30-2011, 06:53 PM

I posted a pic of my little sewing area... let me find it again...

This is how it looks most of the time, very cluttered, but I only have the corner. When the boys are at their moms, I do use their beds to spread some of the fabric out. Not sure if I like the little shelves as they are cd shelves and quite narrow. Going to try something with them and see if it works.

I envy those who have those sewing cabinets that open up with extra storage.
I came very close to getting a really neat storage unit that would have been a great sewing center, but when I went back to the thrift store... it was gone.

here is my little sewing corner. the large tote under the desk is mainly sheets I plan to use as backings
[ATTACH=CONFIG]279957[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-279904.jpe  
Old 10-30-2011, 07:21 PM

I just spent most of the weekend in mine. I did have just enough energy left to pick it up a bit before I closed the door this evening. Now, I am too tired to go upstairs and take a pic of my sewing room and a half! Yea, I kinda spilled into my dh's den. He doesn't seem to mind too much.
Maybe I will get that posted tomorrow!
Old 10-30-2011, 07:47 PM

I really do try to keep my sewing area in order but right now I have one trail through it. From door to counter where my cutting mat, and ironing station is with one branch off that goes to one of my machines. LOL I will need a week to get this back the way I usually have it! LOL Trying to do to much at one time! Christmas is comming! I would post pics but can't find camera, I think its in my sewing area. LOL
Old 10-30-2011, 07:49 PM

I did a whole thread on my redoing my sewing room. http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-151935-1.htm Other than the boxes by the sewing machine still not being done (they are quickies that will go to kids in the mountains) It's still pretty much the way it was in the last set of pictures on page 4