Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Sewingroom >

Sewingroom

Sewingroom

Old 09-20-2010, 07:15 PM

Isn't that what it is supposed to look like? :oops:
Old 09-20-2010, 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by maryb119
I don't think you can be BOTH neat and creative at the can time.....I can't seem to manage that. And it's only my sewing room.....

I have discussed this a lot with one of my friends and we agree that neatness does not come with creativity, but I am wondering if somehow with out creative genius we could create a new version of neatness?
Old 09-20-2010, 07:35 PM

Caroltee, did you find that darn buzzer?
you made me laugh so hard I felt like I was in the same darn chair. Please let me know where yours is lol DawnRobin
Old 09-20-2010, 07:46 PM

I have a coffee mug that says 'creative minds are rarely tidy". Touche'
Old 09-20-2010, 07:55 PM

Originally Posted by vannadine
Originally Posted by maryb119
I don't think you can be BOTH neat and creative at the can time.....I can't seem to manage that. And it's only my sewing room.....

I have discussed this a lot with one of my friends and we agree that neatness does not come with creativity, but I am wondering if somehow with out creative genius we could create a new version of neatness?
I meant to say with OUR creative genius could we create a new version of neatness. I've heard it said that creative persons have their own version of organization which does not look neat to a type A, but they can find almost anything they need in a timely manner. I think it is a matter of priority...
Old 09-20-2010, 08:04 PM

Originally Posted by DAWNROBIN
Caroltee, did you find that darn buzzer?
you made me laugh so hard I felt like I was in the same darn chair. Please let me know where yours is lol DawnRobin
Nope ....I just turn on answering machine and turn off ringer. If it’s important they will leave a message.
My DH though I had lost it for sure. Wish I could have had a video of that reaction. When I get ready to sew I don't want to get disrupted. Sewing is my time and usually when am on my time I have already taken care of everyone else needs. Its nor like I have little ones to care for I know when my kids were little I always did my sewing after they were in bed for the night. I still like to sew after my DH goes to bed.. Habits are hard to break, Am a night person and that’s when I get the most done. Since we have the computer I enjoy online visits with other night owls :lol: :thumbup:
Old 09-20-2010, 08:27 PM

wow sounds like we both live in the same house !!!!
Old 09-20-2010, 09:07 PM
Banned

I have to clean up my mess unless I am quilting a quilt, as I have to sew in the living room, hubby does all the house hold chores now, and is very supotive if I am in a rush to get something done, because I had a lot of pain, and am now playing the catch up game. there are times he will insist that I stop for the night, and that is when he sees I can bearly stand sitting in the chair, and he can read the pain in my eyes loud and clear. He loves to watch the process of quilting, and loves to see it all come together, we can sit in the same room and not say a word, but we are together, and that has always been good. God bless.
Old 09-21-2010, 01:24 AM

Originally Posted by MrsM
Does anyone elses sewing room look like a bomb went off in it when you are working on a project? Does everyone in your household suddenly lose all ability to cook, iron, or find something they desperately need...while you are sewing? I am feeling at my wits end!!
I am the same way.DH always wants to do some thing the moment
I mention wanting to do it later. now my 5yr old gran-daughter is coming for a holiday and I have had to remove the fabric I had on the spare bed back into a half finished refurbishment of the sewing room. I will try and get every thing right with her help of course this next week.
Old 09-21-2010, 01:32 AM

Your not alone. Same here.