Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Sewkindofwonderful >

Sewkindofwonderful

Sewkindofwonderful

Old 10-07-2019, 05:00 AM

I have. I made the Santa face and it was really easy. Yes there is some waste but I would be tossing a lot otherwise without the ruler as a guide. [ATTACH=CONFIG]618269[/ATTACH] Sorry about being sideways
Attached Thumbnails santa.jpg  
Old 10-07-2019, 09:10 AM

Originally Posted by Mkotch View Post
I made this with the mini quick curve ruler when I took a class with a certified instructor. [ATTACH=CONFIG]618189[/ATTACH]She helped us understand the instructions a bit more than I think I would have, just picking up the book. When I tried to make a few of the patterns I found on their website for free, I realized that some are for the regular sized ruler and some are for the mini. I did manage to convert the pattern for the regular sized one to the mini, but it took some trial and error.
Love your quilt.
Old 10-07-2019, 09:51 AM

My Guild is doing a block of the month with the curved ruler. The pattern is Curve it Up. I have mixed feelings on this. It has sort of been a challenge. I find I must really read the directions carefully and several times. I am working on block 7 at this time. I plan on finishing it. I will be very happy with my self when I do finish it.
Old 10-10-2019, 05:16 AM

Originally Posted by RobertaK1 View Post
I love Sew Kind a Wonderful rulers. I have made several of their quilts. They always turn out really nice. I found the directions easy to follow and the blocks came out really good once squared up.
I found the directions easy to follow also. I have both rulers. There is a Christmas ornament I want to make
Old 10-10-2019, 07:19 AM

I too have used their quick curve ruler and made their Urban Nine Patch as well as a table runner but don't remember the name of the pattern. I didn't think it was that difficult, at the time Jenny was the person teaching on the You tube channel. I've not tried any of the newer patterns so can't speak to those.
Old 10-10-2019, 09:05 AM
Power Poster

Oh, oh, oh. now i have a reason to debate buying the mini curve ruler. Santa Claus!!!OK, did it! thanks. this will go on my front door! So cute.

Last edited by nativetexan; 10-10-2019 at 09:22 AM.