Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Sharing a Design for a border >

Sharing a Design for a border

Sharing a Design for a border

Old 09-12-2009, 01:41 PM

That's awesome.... thank you for sharing! I'm starting to notice things like that too... and funnily enough, so is hubby!! LOL He quite often points to things now and says "you should make a quilt like that". ;-)
Old 09-12-2009, 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by BlueChicken
That's awesome.... thank you for sharing! I'm starting to notice things like that too... and funnily enough, so is hubby!! LOL He quite often points to things now and says "you should make a quilt like that". ;-)
Its amazing, they start of by saying oh you making a quilt, in a disinterested tone, now mine has a cataloge sent to him so I can choose things I might need and he actually picked out a quilt that he really liked. I could have never have guessed in a million years he would have picked this out. black, white and red 9 patch.
Old 09-12-2009, 01:52 PM

Beautiful Elle! Don't you just love how you can see the potential for inspiration in everyday things? I remember seeing a mosaic tile floor medallion in an old building years ago and my first thought was what a beautiful quilt it would be. Thanks for sharing!
Old 09-12-2009, 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by sew cornie
Beautiful Elle! Don't you just love how you can see the potential for inspiration in everyday things? I remember seeing a mosaic tile floor medallion in an old building years ago and my first thought was what a beautiful quilt it would be. Thanks for sharing!
You are so welcome. Here in Spain most of the houses are tiled on the outside and so many of them are just so pretty, however they are complex for a quilting project.

This was one of the simplist ones I have seen.
Old 09-12-2009, 02:25 PM

That tile is just beautiful!! I have a selection of fabric that I have not decided on a pattern for yet, but I can totally see that border being used anyway! I may have to steal this idea:)

Thanks for sharing:)

Lynette
Old 09-12-2009, 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by lyndawn
That tile is just beautiful!! I have a selection of fabric that I have not decided on a pattern for yet, but I can totally see that border being used anyway! I may have to steal this idea:)

Thanks for sharing:)

Lynette
Feel free and lets see a picture if you do it.

In fact anyone who does use this design I would love to see it.

Me, well I am just not into this type of patchwork, I love PP and applique, I get really wild when I work with titchy pieces.

Good luck evryone. Elle :D
Old 09-15-2009, 05:45 AM

I love this for a border. I had to laugh, last year while I was in Rome I was taking all kinds of pictures in the Sistine Chapel (walls, floors, windows, etc.) as inspiration. Have a few I think I'll tackle after all the holiday gifts and wedding quilt :) :).
Old 09-15-2009, 05:54 AM

Originally Posted by SharonC
I love this for a border. I had to laugh, last year while I was in Rome I was taking all kinds of pictures in the Sistine Chapel (walls, floors, windows, etc.) as inspiration. Have a few I think I'll tackle after all the holiday gifts and wedding quilt :) :).
Thats exactlywhat I did when I went to Granada (Spain) when I visited a Palace there but they were very intricate.

Elle
Old 09-15-2009, 06:10 AM

Originally Posted by Butterflyspain
Thats exactlywhat I did when I went to Granada (Spain) when I visited a Palace there but they were very intricate.

Elle
Isn't it funny how quilting touches so many different aspects of our lives...even architechture, travel, etc :) :) :) I'm headed to Mexico in 4 weeks and intend to have my camera at the ready :) :)
Old 09-15-2009, 06:17 AM

Originally Posted by Butterflyspain

Elle
Isn't it funny how quilting touches so many different aspects of our lives...even architechture, travel, etc :) :) :) I'm headed to Mexico in 4 weeks and intend to have my camera at the ready :) :)
You will have some wonderful pictures to bring back, have a wonderful time.