Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Shopping with DH  for fabric.  Do you take him along?  Why  or why not? >

Shopping with DH for fabric. Do you take him along? Why or why not?

Shopping with DH for fabric. Do you take him along? Why or why not?

Old 08-06-2011, 09:27 AM

My husband does go with me sometimes. And he is good about it. but when I told him my friend paid $400 for an iron...he had the deer in the headlight look...LOL!! He never says much as truthfully it would not do much good...I have my own money and I do not use household money.
Old 08-06-2011, 09:31 AM

No, I'm not that crazy yet. He's toooooo impatient and does not like to shop for anything. Just get what you went after and leave immediately.
Old 08-06-2011, 09:32 AM

Wowsers! Quite the room! No, I do not bring my dh with me when I go to a fabric store. When we travel, he gladly sits in the car waiting for me. That is as close as he gets. We both like it that way!
Old 08-06-2011, 09:34 AM

Originally Posted by Rock Lady
No, I'm not that crazy yet. He's toooooo impatient and does not like to shop for anything. Just get what you went after and leave immediately.
Yup, that is my hubby too. lol. It takes longer to check out than to get what he went for sometimes. :)
Old 08-06-2011, 09:41 AM

Your room for fabric and sewing is nice and big.....why not pull up a chair and fold everything neatly and stack it - then it is ready for the shelves. I'm sure your husband would be so happy and proud of you that he would put shelves up or purchase see through containers that you could stack and label. I dare you to do it and I will send you a present if you send a picture of it done! I'm serious.
Old 08-06-2011, 10:21 AM
j

The only reason I dont take him is , he gets bored and I dont like to make him wait. He reads but that is not the point. He just says buy what you want and continues reading. - J
Old 08-06-2011, 11:03 AM

oh dear - I wished I lived closer - we could work magic in that room and you'd have lots more room for even more fabric!!
Old 08-06-2011, 11:22 AM

Mine reluctantly goes along, now that I don't drive, and he is supportive of whatever I do. He doesn't enjoy shopping, since he is so organized. He "buys" what he needs or wants and encourages me to know what I want when we do go to the fabric stores. He says he is getting older and tires easily. He has good taste in colors and and eye for what goes together.... Like I said before, I am so blessed. :)
Old 08-06-2011, 11:22 AM

My DH is not longer able to go with me do to health issues, but he always says buy what you want. If I come home with only a small amt. he says "Is that all you bought" He is a keeper.
Old 08-06-2011, 11:38 AM

I wish my hubster would go with me. He has a much better eye for color than I. However, because of this, he purposely will pick out some gaudy orange fabric to go with my pink quilt just so he can get out of choosing. So, no. I rarely take him with me.
Can't take my two year old either...the minute the doors automatically open, she starts screaming and drops to the ground. She HATES fabric shopping. :(
So, I have to wait until I am alone. A rare occurance these days with a newborn. Good for the budget though. :/