Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 4 5

Thread: Should Have Listened!

Quote Originally Posted by dunster
    Definitely tell the longarmer that although you're satisfied with her work, you're not happy that the quilt smelled of smoke, and you won't be using her services again. Even if she has heard this before, she should hear it again.
    I am a longarmer and I agree with this advice! I don't smoke, and I have several customers who bring me quilt tops that reek of smoke. I hang them on a bar in my garage for a week before I take them into my home or studio. I have a sign in my studio that says: Smoke-free, Pet-Hair-free Environment.

Somewhere I read that you put a bar of dial soap in a plastic with the quilt. I tried it and it worked. Worth a try.

rinse in cold water with white vinegar. It's how I got smoke smell out of late husband's clothes.

Could not use someone who smoked again once that happened.

As an ex-smoker, I agree how horrid it smells. When you smoke, you have no idea how bad you smell. The thought of smoking now turns my stomach. I had to wash all my stash the same as I washed my clothes. Smell came out. Some of the stain didn't on light colored fabric. Cannot be around smokers now. My problem now is I have some nose hairs. UUUGGGG!!!! Gross. LOL

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 4 5