Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Should I Call This Quilting Anxiety? >

Should I Call This Quilting Anxiety?

Should I Call This Quilting Anxiety?

Old 10-07-2011, 06:36 AM

Look on youtube. They have several tut's on for pre-cuts. They are fun and easy to follow. If you need to you can watch over and over again. I have already made a few and I have been quilting for years. It is nice to learn something new and then have something cute to show for it. Give it a try!
Old 10-07-2011, 06:45 AM

I am the total opposite, I collect the pattern then it takes me forever to collect just the right colors for it. When I find the pattern, I put it in a plastic case, (bought at the dollar store for 2.50 and label it, need fabric), then when I find a piece that might work with it, I store it in that box until I collect all the right things that I need, then I move that box to a different location (to be sewn). I love making tops, but am slow to quilt them. I have at least 23 made that need to be quilted and several more that I have all the fabric and even several that I still need fabric for! A quilter's life is never boring! Just have fun with your project!
Old 10-07-2011, 06:54 AM

Most pre-cuts are still available, so using one and "messing up" does not mean that you've lost that fabric forever. One stitch at a time. As much fun as you are having looking, touching, and planning your quilt; actually cutting, stitching, and pressing your quilt is that much more fun and rewarding. We all had to start somewhere: jump in!

And yes, there is a large standing fan that constantly blows across my back while I sit at my machine! :thumbup:
Old 10-07-2011, 07:15 AM

I know the feeling. I got back to sewing and quilting after a 10 year absence. I saw a pattern book at Joann's that had a biscuit/rag quilt that I just had to make. Then I decided to unpack my old quilting magazines and books. Found more I wanted to make so bought the fabric. Next I saw several new quilting books that I bought or ordered through my crafterschoice.com book club. So now I have bags and boxes of new fabric sitting here waiting till...????? Right now I am concentrating on my Christmas wallhanging. I have ripped out so many times that I could scream. Yesterday I had to rip out one piece of the sashing/strips and dumb me ripped out the wrong side...lol. So had to sew that one back on and then rip out the opposite side.

When that happens then I give up for the day and never get much accomplished. Then I feel guilty about it and it becomes a viscious cycle...LOL.

It's after 11:00am here and I had so much sewing planned for this morning...accomplished NADA so far. Now I am telling myself...right after lunch.
Old 10-07-2011, 08:30 AM

Throw all the patterns in a big bag or box, stir around and pull one out. THAT'S the one to do first!