Anxiety

Old 11-27-2010, 05:55 PM

Does any one suffer from generalized aniety? I try meditation medication deep breathing distraction but not a lot helping! Any suggestions? Infuriating as I have nothing to be anxious about! I do have fibromyalgia and a few other health prob but nothing real horrible! Maybe just knowing if others have it will help.
Ty and God Bless
Old 11-27-2010, 06:03 PM

from my understanding anxiety goes hand in hand with fybromyalgia I am sorry you have to go through it. It is so hard to deal with the pain and the stresses that go with it.
Old 11-27-2010, 06:04 PM
Power Poster

It can go hand in hand with fibro. Fibro causes pain... pain causes lack of sleep.... lack of sleep causes a host of problems.... viscious circle :roll:
So feeling anxious in not uncommon at all :wink:
Old 11-27-2010, 06:06 PM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

Welcome to my world. When I was pregnant I had panic attacks daily for 6 months. Couldn't leave my home for 3 of those months because I was afraid the summer heat was gonna kill me. Now how silly is that? My obgyn gave me Xanax to take at the onset of anxiety and it helped. All other meds just sent me spiraling into darkness. I didn't sleep either. Now I only get anxiety when I have to travel outside city limits and I don't know why. So you are not alone honey. Oh btw my 15yr. old son suffered from anxeity and panic attacks when he hit puberty at 12 and was medication until 3 months ago.
Old 11-27-2010, 06:08 PM

I have anxiety attacks occasionally they are not fun I am on meds now and used to have them really bad. No reason other than kids! Take care and try to get the sleep you need I found them worse when I was tired. My last one was last summer but I thought my son had been in an accident- Turned out not to be the case.
Old 11-27-2010, 06:09 PM

My DS was having issues with anxiety and panic attacks and believe it or not, it was caused by the foods he was eating. After eliminating dairy from his diet, the anxiety slowly, but surely went away.

We have since removed gluten from his diet and continue to see improvement.

You would be surprised how many common foods can affect your body. I was.

I also know of several people who have seen a decrease in fibro symptoms by sticking to a gluten-free and/or dairy-free diet.

I hope you find an answer soon. Anxiety can be very difficult to live with.
Old 11-27-2010, 06:18 PM

yes, for yrs and yrs I take meds. every dayand I do not have any other des. some drs. believe the gene is passed on throught family members. Girls are more likely to have it than boys. It's very hard to manage without help so keep looking for drs. who understand. I was house bound for years and years, believe me it takes a tol l, Try and remember know one has ever died from an anxiety attack, easy for me to say isn't it I try to remember that they only last 20 min. but it's a long 20 min. It's been years since i 've had a full blown panic but it's something one never forgets. Good luck and please , please don't give up on yourself or the drs.
Old 11-27-2010, 06:27 PM

I also wanted to add that you may want to watch out for food additives. They can also cause a lot of physical and emotional problems. Here is an interesting article about FD&C Red 40. It is found in lots of pre-packaged food.

http://www.associatedcontent.com/art...ve_having.html

Here is an alarming excerpt from the article, "Red #3 and Red #40 are the two food coloring additives approved for use in food (by the FDA) yet if they were sprayed on weeds they would work as a pesticide."

Even as an adult I am sensitive to Red 40.

The fewer pre-packaged, processed foods we eat, the better. :)
Old 11-27-2010, 06:38 PM

I have GAD too and I noticed that the last few months it has really gotten better and I've tried to think what is different. Finally hit on it.... I have been taking mega doses of Super B Complex. I take them throughout the day as your body can only absorb so much at a time. But your body dumps the B's during stress, when on antibiotics, birth control pills, etc.

I highly recommend trying this. And don't stop if you don't see immediate results. It did take some time before I really noticed a difference. But boy what a difference!
Old 11-27-2010, 06:49 PM

Here is an alarming excerpt from the article, "Red #3 and Red #40 are the two food coloring additives approved for use in food (by the FDA) yet if they were sprayed on weeds they would work as a pesticide."
---------------------------
Drink diet sodas? They have Aspartame, which is so bad they're renaming it Amino Sweet because so many people are getting spooked about it. Aspartame is being implicated in lots of diseases, check them out.

Allergic to MSG? Too bad, it can legally now be in darn near anything and they don't have to put it on the label. Check this out on the Internet, the list of foods containing it is too long to print out here.

To my knowledge, the only real, non artificial sweeteners now on the market are plain old sugar, honey, maple syrup, and an herb called Stevia. And now they've even taken part of it out and got a patent for the partly artificial sweetener and now call it Truvia, which I'll not touch because I'm afraid of it.

Cook at home, real foods that look like they should, not from boxes and shot from guns..try real food.