Anxiety

Old 11-27-2010, 07:06 PM

I suffered from anxiety, St. John's Wort has helped me a lot. I have tried cutting back and the anxiety comes back. It is such a relief to be rid of the anxiety, you feel like you are finally yourself again.
Old 11-27-2010, 07:12 PM
Cyn

Meds help my anxiety and quilting and sewing!
Old 11-27-2010, 08:17 PM

Youngest DS has food allergies and some cause instant severe asthma attacks.
Dh is allergic to shellfish and oldest DS is allergic to Chicken and poultry but not eggs.
I am allergic to aspartame and some colognes. Instant Migraine. At one time I was waking up during deep sleep and was terrified and paralyzed. It was caused by hormones being out of whack.
Your anxiety could also be caused by a medication that you are taking for another condition. Check with your pharmacist.
Old 11-27-2010, 11:08 PM

Thank you everyone it does help to know I'm not alone I try not to eat a lot of pkg food anymore, careful what I eat no sofa or diet foods filter water!! My anxiety will last for days!!! Very hard to function! Know of any articles of fiber and anxiety? I have it pretty bad thanks again! GodBless
Old 11-28-2010, 04:49 AM

I used to. I suffered from anxiety and depression. I haven't taken any meds in 4 years and feel great most of the time. I still have some of the anti-depressents just in case I feel a bout coming on but usually I just get more rest and it helps. I also refocus. Volunteering to do charity work, working with my church, sewing---anything I can do to take my mind off myself. I don't mean to sound cruel or unfeeling but my worst bouts are when I'm too inward, to focussed on "self". When I quit worrying about "me" and started thinking what I could do for others it helped me. Then when I really got involved in church and focused more on Him, that helped the most. If you aren't involved with any of these things I strongly urge you to do so.
Old 11-28-2010, 06:52 AM
Power Poster

I've only had one anxiety attack in my life and dont want another. my Sister has had several though.
anybody here also have Vasovagal syncope? most people who have this faint at the sight of blood, or any other stressful situation... my son was just told he has this and both of us plus my Sister have prolapsed Mitral Valves. my sister has Fibro and i think i do. my son is a guard in a prison and doesn't need to be fainting at the drop of a hat. any helpful ideas out there?
http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/vas...yncope/DS00806
now that i'm old-i don't get that melting into the sidewalk feeling anymore.
Old 11-28-2010, 08:08 AM

I tried a good B-complex vitamin and that has helped. If I know I have to be in a crowd of some sort, I will take a benedryl or dramamine to help stay calm. I also started eating fresh fruit and veggies. I also take brocoli capsules. Supposed to help prevent breast cancer also.

I'm so sorry you experience these attacks, they are so devastating to a social life. Good luck with the remedies that have helped everyone here on the forum.
Old 11-28-2010, 09:25 AM
Banned

Vitamin D deficiency is linked to BOTH fibro and anxiety. And I have to tell you, as simple as it may seem, it WORKS! I take 1000 mg a day and my anxiety is almost non existant now...I used to have it so bad that my thoughts were scary. I used to wake up in the night with panic thinking I'd left newborn grandaughter in the car, or other crazy things like that. I'd also check the car several times a day to make sure I hadn't. My anxiety is really strange...and I can't control it without Vitamin D. I refuse to take meds, they just cause other problems
Old 11-28-2010, 09:36 AM

Originally Posted by morelcabin
Vitamin D deficiency is linked to BOTH fibro and anxiety. And I have to tell you, as simple as it may seem, it WORKS! I take 1000 mg a day and my anxiety is almost non existant now...I used to have it so bad that my thoughts were scary. I used to wake up in the night with panic thinking I'd left newborn grandaughter in the car, or other crazy things like that. I'd also check the car several times a day to make sure I hadn't. My anxiety is really strange...and I can't control it without Vitamin D. I refuse to take meds, they just cause other problems
Interesting.... I have a vitamin D deficiency and anxiety and fibro. I'm going to give this a try!!

Your anxiety almost sounds like an OCD. I suffer from OCD have thoughts like that. I'm anxious to see if the Vit. D helps with the OCD! Thanks!!
Old 11-28-2010, 09:44 AM

I do not remember ever not being anxious or worrying about everything I said or did. Doctors would say I was depressed, and give me depression medication. It never worked, cause I was never depressed. When I finally ask the right questions and found the right doctor I got medication for anxiety only and it has worked wonders for me. They thought at one time I could get off of it, but the worry and anxiety came back full force. Do not like the physical or mental feeling I get when I am not on medication.