Anxiety

Old 11-28-2010, 09:57 AM

Thanks Tammy!!.....I'm going to try the Vitamin D also.
Old 11-28-2010, 10:57 AM

A new study has found that most Americans are Vit. D deficient. A lot of women in particular, are very badly deficient. We use sunscreen and with clothing and busy schedules we do not get enough sun. So for a deficient person, Drs. are recommending 5000-10000 units or whatever it comes in per day. It will not hurt you! I started taking Vit. D3 from Sam's Club. I take 2 of the 5000 units per day & I do feel better. This also improves our immune system.
Old 11-28-2010, 12:02 PM

I have fibro also and frequently suffer from anxiety. Even though I take meds for it, the meds don't totally take care of the anxiety. I think that any chronic pain leaves a person anxious about how they are going to function, whether they can function at all, what people will think if they can't function etc and on it goes continously.
Most people don't understand fibro and what it does to a person, and some can be very critical. It's just one more pressure we have to deal with. We can be down on ourselves as well for the way we feel, even though we can to nothing about it.
If you have just one person in the family who understands, it is a great blessing, because it's really tough dealing with something the doctors don't even understand, much less know how to treat.
Try to finish a quilt in good time when you can only actually work on it for a half hour or so, and sometimes not at all. How can you work on anything when you can hardly crawl out of bed!
Old 11-28-2010, 12:10 PM

Xanax works for me when I feel the onset of it coming on. When I take it, in about 15-20 minutes I am as relaxed as you can imagine. The holidays tend to make the anxiety level rise anyway with being around relatives that I don't particularly want to be around, etc., so having Xanax to help make it through the holidays as well as the rest of the year I feel has kept me sane.
Old 11-28-2010, 12:17 PM

My Dr. has prescribed over 3,000 units of vitamin D per day for me, and I've been taking it now for a couple of years, and I have not noticed any change in the way I feel. I've had fibro now for over 25 years, and it has affected every part of my life. Even so, adversity builds patience, character and empathy for others, and I hope I have grown to have at least a little of each.
Old 11-28-2010, 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by oatw13
My DS was having issues with anxiety and panic attacks and believe it or not, it was caused by the foods he was eating. After eliminating dairy from his diet, the anxiety slowly, but surely went away.

We have since removed gluten from his diet and continue to see improvement.

You would be surprised how many common foods can affect your body. I was.

I also know of several people who have seen a decrease in fibro symptoms by sticking to a gluten-free and/or dairy-free diet.

I hope you find an answer soon. Anxiety can be very difficult to live with.
I think allergies to anything can be tricky. Your body's reaction isn't always the classic hives and itching. I think with all the additives in our food and all the things we come in contact with, there are more and more problems with allergies. Who knows how many ways it could manifest? I remember a show I saw years ago on this subject. One thing to look for, especially with kids, is reddened, warm ears.That's another indication of an allergy. There were children on the show who would have severe behaverior problems after eating certain foods. The videos of them has stuck with me for all this time!

Fibromyalgia does come with a whole slew of possibilities. That's one of the problems with it, after a while we start blaming everything on the fibro. I know I tend to now after living with it a good part of my life.
I think a lot more people are having problems with depression and anxiety because of the time we are living in. There are so many changes going on, it scares a lot of people and causes anxiety. I have more problems with depression. It also goes along with fibro...such a fun syndrome to have!!
I hope you find ways to cope. We are here for you.... :D
Old 11-28-2010, 12:49 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by mzsooz
Originally Posted by morelcabin
Vitamin D deficiency is linked to BOTH fibro and anxiety. And I have to tell you, as simple as it may seem, it WORKS! I take 1000 mg a day and my anxiety is almost non existant now...I used to have it so bad that my thoughts were scary. I used to wake up in the night with panic thinking I'd left newborn grandaughter in the car, or other crazy things like that. I'd also check the car several times a day to make sure I hadn't. My anxiety is really strange...and I can't control it without Vitamin D. I refuse to take meds, they just cause other problems
Interesting.... I have a vitamin D deficiency and anxiety and fibro. I'm going to give this a try!!

Your anxiety almost sounds like an OCD. I suffer from OCD have thoughts like that. I'm anxious to see if the Vit. D helps with the OCD! Thanks!!

I know, it does kind of sound like OCD, but it's different than that I think, because I only got it with the baby, and only because I was so afraid to forget her somewhere LOL! So I would constantly check, because I didn't have her all the time...
Old 11-28-2010, 12:53 PM

Add me to the list of Fibro/Panic Attack folks. I suffered the panic attacks for about 15 years. I couldn't drive, go out by myself and forget going over bridges on in tunnels. My doctor also put me on Xanax, which I still take all these years later.

I've read that putting a large rubber band around your wrist and snapping it really hard when you feel an attack coming on will help stop the attack. I've had good success with just concentrating on my breathing, slowing it down as best I can.

I feel for you and you're not alone.
Old 11-28-2010, 01:32 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by majormom
My Dr. has prescribed over 3,000 units of vitamin D per day for me, and I've been taking it now for a couple of years, and I have not noticed any change in the way I feel. I've had fibro now for over 25 years, and it has affected every part of my life. Even so, adversity builds patience, character and empathy for others, and I hope I have grown to have at least a little of each.
You most likely have a parasite problem. You are sop right about adversity though:>)
Old 11-28-2010, 01:38 PM
Power Poster

my son was diagonosed with Vasovaga Syncope recently. has prolapsed mitral valve too. all of us do. anxiety seems to go with these too. at least in our family.