Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Should i be flattered? >

Should i be flattered?

Should i be flattered?

Old 11-08-2017, 01:32 PM

The photo is gone. I just went to the site. Unless I just didn't see where to click.
Old 11-08-2017, 01:35 PM
Power Poster

Well now no one will see the pretty quilt. Credit was given. I couldn't see the faint lettering on my tablet but could on my computer screen.
Old 11-08-2017, 01:54 PM

Giving credit for something stolen doesn't make it any less stolen! Asking permission isn't difficult, and that's what they should have done.

I'm glad they took the photo down - probably got too many negative comments. Of course, I wonder how many other stolen photos are still on the site?
Old 11-08-2017, 01:55 PM

I emailed him back indicating that while it was nice to see my name added to the picture, i did not use her method, nor did I use her rulers. Also, I noted that her blog makes it sound like she made the quilt.

He took down the pic!!!

Personally, it could have stayed if they changed the wording to ... here's an example of what you can do (quilt image provided by Marion Houle - once I had given permission). But, no, they certainly didn't go about it the right way!

This was actually taken off of my facebook page LOL
Old 11-08-2017, 02:21 PM

I'm sorry this happened to you MarionQuilts. This I why took down all of my facebook photos when I found out one of my so called old friends from high school was using my photos to enter in online contests.
Old 11-08-2017, 02:23 PM
Power Poster

one of my quilts appeared on a knitting site... the poster implied she made it. i wrote to the site moderator and it took a while, but it was finally taken down.
Old 11-08-2017, 02:24 PM
Power Poster

wow, i just went to your link again, and the picture has been removed.
Old 11-08-2017, 05:09 PM

wow. I am sorry this happened to you, but glad the site was pushed into removing it. I looked at it earlier and it definitely implied she made the quilt.

edit: I clicked on reviews to see if they routinely include quilt pics and found that it is there in the thumbnail? - don't know if that is the correct term
http://www.quiltersreview.com/product-reviews/page/3/

Last edited by Pagzz; 11-08-2017 at 05:12 PM.
Old 11-08-2017, 05:35 PM

That kind of thing is not unusual. Before a nasty fungus killed all my hosta, I grew some really nice specimens. I have found my photos in catalogs for hosta varieties and so have many others. Mine was copied form the hostalibrary.org. Others have had theirs copied from gardenweb.com, where hobbyists show each other their plants. Food photos are copied and used on blogs and brochures. There's not really much you can do about it. There are so many sites on the internet that you cannot begin to think that you will see your photo somewhere. If you do, what are you going to do? The same thing Marion did. They will take it down and "borrow" another photo from someone else. In six months, Marion's quilt might be back.

It's life in the digital age.

bkay
Old 11-08-2017, 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by Sewnoma View Post
That kind of thing is why I rarely post good quality photos of my quilts online. Once it's out there, you've pretty much lost control of it.
Originally Posted by bkay View Post
There's not really much you can do about it.
You can watermark your photos. People can still copy and use them, but at least your name will be plastered on it for everyone to see.

TBH, this is one of the reasons why I don't post photos to this forum. I'm not allowed to watermark them, and this site doesn't prevent downloads.