Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Should I go?

check out AirBnB.com for places to stay. It is a great site that has private homes and rooms in homes for rent. Though in US , it does seem to be more like traditional B & B's. In Paris, France, it got me the use of a small apartment complete with kitchen near Montmarte for 100.00 a night. It was wonderful and so much less than a hotel.

Do you belong to a bee or a guild? I think spending time with other quilters is a really good way to de-stress. With a high pressure job you need more than just a vacation. You need to find a way to release that tension! My step daughter runs, I wouldn't find that relaxing! Exercise is really encouraged to get relaxation. As far as going to a big show with classes, I think you will enjoy it. I am really lucky to have the Houston international quilt festival here every year. Hope you find many ways to relax.
    Keep away from people who belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you too can become great. Mark Twain

Blog Entries
    YESSSSS, by all means GO......I see you are in CO, so that means either a vacation trip "on the road" or "fly in to Nashville, rent a car" and have a wonderful time. In my mind, it would be more fun with more than one person on your trip, but if that isn't feasible, you should still go, and you'll have a wonderful time. Folks come from all over the world to this show; I guess that's the reason you can't get accomodations at all after the first of the year. I am near enough to drive up every day, but it is a 3-hour trip, one way. I have been twice; it was a sisters' vacation for four of us one year, we took classes, and loved all the quilts on display; and still have my t-shirt to show I was there. The second time my son, a friend, and I went for one day. We had a great time; and he learned a lot about my LA machine at the Gammill booth. I probably will go again this year--even though I would love to venture out and go some place else.....
    Make every day count for something!

JoAnn

gone there for 15 yrs. just girl friends no classes and lots of money GREAT TIME! you go girl

Blog Entries
    My husband and I went in 1993, and loved it. We had to get a motel about 30 minutes west of Paducah, but it was worth it. It was a nice small mom and pop motel, and when my husband got sick and we had to stay over an extra day or two, they were so helpful to us. But the show was well worth it and we are glad we went.

By all means go! and you might look into a quilting retreat. Making time for yourself is important, so whatever you do, don't fell quilty.

Go, go, go. And if you do maybe we will meet!!!

I think all quilters should go once. It is fun but it did NOT meet my expectations. I did not take classes but I found it too disorganized and chaotic for my taste. I want to try to make Houston at some point.

For relaxation I would go to a retreat.

Definitely, go! It sounds like fun.

you go girl did that help

You have all pushed me over the edge and I could not be happier! I am booking a hotel tomorrow and checking on flights. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by spstout View Post
    You have all pushed me over the edge and I could not be happier! I am booking a hotel tomorrow and checking on flights. Thanks!
    Have a great time!!

You should definitely go. I went to the AQS Show in Des Moines a couple years ago and really enjoyed it. Unfortunately Des Moines is about 7-8 hours away from me so I won't get to go again for awhile.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2