Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: It shouldn't take that long....

Quote Originally Posted by justwannaquilt
    oh yeah well if you know so frackin much about quilting then why don't you make this here quilt that is going to be auctioned off at your Aunts benefit dinner and auction!

I LOVE to quilt, and I never accept payment for my work as long as the "wanter" purchases all the fabric, batting, and thread for quilting. But PLEASE!!!!!! Do not put me in a bind when you already know I have SEVERAL quilts that I need to get out around the same time. Yes I may get three tops done this week but next week when I have two sick kids, a husband who needs help on homework, and a dog who got his boys removed I won't get as much done!

Now I am back to sewing one for my sons birthday (3.19) two for my sister (3.23) and one for my best friend (3.29) The auction quilt will just have to wait till next month!
    oh and NO I don't have time this coming week to teach you how to cut fabric for a quilt! Sorry maybe next month AFTER I get the quilt for you done!

Anyways thanks for letting me go ahead and get that out of the way before there was any more confusion!
    Just Love It!!! .. you are my kinda gal!!! :thumbup:

Any time :-D

Blog Entries
    too funny-will listen to you vent.

Blog Entries
    ROTFL!!! Loved the story - the best stories are usually true!!! BTW, you are amazing with what you have on your plate.

My brother-in-law's wife tried that on me last weekend although she was a lot more understanding about the process since she crochets all sizes of blankets. She wanted to know if a king sized quilt could be made in a weekend and if I ever thought about charging to make quilts. Right away I put a damper on that thought saying I only quilt for fun and making money isn't fun. I did offer to teach her husband, (my BIL) since he is currently unemployed. He didn't like the idea one little bit. It would take too much time away from his Facebook Mafia Wars, Words with Friends, Scrabble and whatever else he does or doesn't do all day.

I did send her links to very simple & quick quilt as you go patterns with videos and made several designs for her with Quilt Pro to show her how different colors would work in different designs. I would even help her sew it.

She needs it by March 26th. Her niece is marrying someone in the military that is being deployed April 1st.

Blog Entries
    LOL There are more people who think the world revolves around them. So what are of the N or O don't you understand

Blog Entries
    I know just how you feel. It wasn't with quilting but it was me that had to get mom from the airport, take her 3 hours home and back to my house, pack for the weekend and then get to the lake and the grass has to not only be mowed but raked and whose going to rake. [email protected]!! Well, in a huff, a few specially choosen words and tears streaming down my face, I yelled "I can't do it all, I just can't", threw down the rake and stormed off. My message was heard. Not only by family, but by neighbors. Never again did I take on so much. I will say NO before I'll ever go through that again. It wasn't the first time it had happened when to much got thrown on my plate, but it was the last!!
    Rita

I had a co-worker ask me once to make her quilt to put on her water bed.....you know what for? So when her cats climb on the bed and start scratching, they won't poke holes in the bed, they can just scratch the quilt....ya right I got working on that one right away.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by quiltingsavta
    I had a co-worker ask me once to make her quilt to put on her water bed.....you know what for? So when her cats climb on the bed and start scratching, they won't poke holes in the bed, they can just scratch the quilt....ya right I got working on that one right away.
    ROFL! Bet that made you feel really good. Some people...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by quiltingsavta
    We should really have a "like" button on this board similar to facebook! I like a lot of comments on this thread!

Quote Originally Posted by justwannaquilt
    ...and a dog who got his boys removed
    ROTFL!

I'm sorry you are frustrated but THANK you for that laugh.
    I surely needed it!
    :lol:

Blog Entries
    ... and a dog who got his boys removed

What a delicate way to phrase it. So funny! Not for the dog I suppose.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by feline fanatic
    C'mon justwanna. Don't hold back. Tell us how you really feel about it! :lol: :lol:

You had me rolling about the dog.
    LOLOLOLOL!!! You go, girl!!! :thumbup: :thumbup:

I am getting caught up and the word "NO" has become easier to say once I started

hey, while you are at it, could you show me how to stack and whack and help me learn to machine quilt and ...........

Good story ROTF.

Wow what a slacker you are. hehehe I can not believe how we sometimes let people treat us, I bet you never even hear the words "Thank You". I'll throw this is in for nothing, You are doing a good job!

Just practice every night after you help your husband with his homework....form your lips just so...NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.
    See how easy?

It feels good to let it out, doesn't it!

Yeah some people think we never get away from the machine or quilting frame. She could of at least offered to watch the children while you SEW.

mel
    just once I would like to say NO just as definitively as the NO you put out there!

Yea, people don't have a clue as to how long it takes to make a quilt or the cost. I agree with Mel!

Blog Entries
    Some people think we whip up a quilt in a few hours and then are astonished when they find out how much time and fabric is needed
    Ruby the Quilter

Quote Originally Posted by jayelee
    Honey just say No it is a wonderful word to learn And we are here to listen when you need us
    That's exactly what someone told me, "just say 'no'!" Easier said that done. It's hard to look at somebody's puppy dog eyes and say emphatically, NO. But I'm learning. You are a better woman than I.

Quote Originally Posted by mel
    just once I would like to say NO just as definitively as the NO you put out there!
    My "no" goes like this: NO, I really don't have the time, so not now, no., well if it's that important, maybe...okay, when do you need it? Hahahahahaha. Once again, NO.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast