Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Show me your sewing chair >

Show me your sewing chair

Show me your sewing chair

Old 03-15-2015, 06:43 AM

I looked at Target and all I found was the PapaSan style chair. I have been watching for an inexpensive bungee chair.

Originally Posted by Edie View Post
I got mine at Target. It is made out of Bungee strips and conforms to the body depending on your mood!!!! Well, at least my mood~ It has the seat and the back and 6 bungees for the back and 7 bungees for the seat. At first I thought I was nuts, and then it got so comfortable. It has the wheels and scoots around. I love it. AND IT WAS NOT EXPENSIVE. I don't buy the chairs with the arm rests - they only get in my way and I end up having to pay for them anyhow. Good Sitting!!!!! Edie
Old 03-15-2015, 06:49 AM

I purchased the doctor-type chair and love it. It allows me to sit down quickly (not shaped or slanted) spin around to get to my ironing board or serger. I also use it with my Inspira quilting frame and I can scoot along as I work with that. I think it's a great option.
Old 03-16-2015, 06:37 AM

My three sewing chairs came fro the Habitat for Humanity ReStore. I paid less than 10 ea and scored three different lumbar supported high priced office executive desk chairs. I went to the ReStore and sat in each one and picked the ones that were most comfortable. All have adjustable heights and casters (watch for threads so they don't get stuck) and two have adjustable arm rests. It took a couple visits to the store before I found all three but well worth the trips. The sme chairs in Staples or Overstock.com were hundreds of dollars ea. I supported a good cause, saved a bundle of money and now the chairs support me!
Old 03-18-2015, 10:05 AM

I have a sewing room chair that is on casters that I love. The seat raises up to reveal a sewing box that is perfect for the project I am working on. I wish I could remember the name of the manufacturer. It has a sewing fabric pattern with measuring tapes, scissors, pins, thread spools and other sewing related items. It really is nice because the back is exactly in the right place for proper support
Old 03-18-2015, 11:53 AM

Can you post a picture of it? Maybe I can use image search to find a similar one.

Originally Posted by IBQUILTIN View Post
I have a sewing room chair that is on casters that I love. The seat raises up to reveal a sewing box that is perfect for the project I am working on. I wish I could remember the name of the manufacturer. It has a sewing fabric pattern with measuring tapes, scissors, pins, thread spools and other sewing related items. It really is nice because the back is exactly in the right place for proper support